Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Current Students...Question  (Read 906 times)

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Current Students...Question
« on: July 30, 2007, 09:34:39 PM »
Did you all have time to relax during spring break, right before finals. Or did you stay in the books during thanksgiving. I was planning on going to the Bayou Classic since it will be the only time ill be able to get away fro it all, but ive been told that i wont even have time.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Current Students...Question
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 12:18:59 AM »
go and have a good time
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 07:28:36 AM »
Depends on how close to finals it is.

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
Yeah, finalz are right around the corner. We have 2 more days of class after the break, and then we have Thurs and Fri ans study days right along with the weekend.

I guess i gotta see what happens, and just be willing to lose my payment on my room

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 09:36:30 AM »
Yeah I'd probably study.  But that's just me.

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 09:43:40 PM »
Did you all have time to relax during spring break, right before finals. Or did you stay in the books during thanksgiving. I was planning on going to the Bayou Classic since it will be the only time ill be able to get away fro it all, but ive been told that i wont even have time.

You should be able to go. I start hardcore studying when the reading period begins.  Studying smart is much better than killing yourself studying weeks before finals begin.  The other thing is with the start of the reading period I go from 2-3 hours of studying per day to like 8, if I started earlier I would not be able to go full steam the app. two weeks from start of reading period to last final as I would just burn out.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 05:46:37 PM »
no, study.  Sometimes LS is about strategy.  During the break, what will happen to everyone else is that for the first part of the break they'll sleep.  Then they may think about doing work.  Some just straight go on vacay.  But whatever you decide to do, just do it without regret.  If you are going to go on vacay, do it up and dont think about LS.  If you decide to study instead of vacay, then study without regret.  Some ppl use spring break to "get ahead of the competition" 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 10:05:46 AM »

it depends on your school, your curve and the amount of work you've put in up to this point.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 12:15:20 AM »
I went to Miami for SB. Didn't do anything RELATED to LS for the whole week.

Came back, studied non-stop up until Finals and did better than 1st semester.

It's relative, you do you playa!
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09