Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: No more AA at Michigan Law?  (Read 13570 times)

blondngreen

• View Profile
Re: No more AA at Michigan Law?
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 11:36:03 AM »
Of course Michigan found away around it, look at the LSAT scores of some of the minorities they admitted.  If they were judged by the same standards as the rest of us, they'd hardly be attending a top 10 school.  I've known a lot of people who've gone to law school and would seem that those who scored in the 170s on the LSAT do tend to do better - there is a reason that law schools favor the LSAT as the main predictor of how well you will do.  There are exceptions of course, but there are exceptions to every rule.

Whites get into top law schools with less-than-stellar LSAT scores, too.  Get off your idiotic soapbox before it collapses!

Your naivety is touching.  We all understand that as a beneficiary you have to defend AA at every available opportunity, but please, let's not pretend that there's any kind of AA for white people.

OperaAttorney

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freude, Königin der Weise!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 12:07:46 PM »
Of course Michigan found away around it, look at the LSAT scores of some of the minorities they admitted.  If they were judged by the same standards as the rest of us, they'd hardly be attending a top 10 school.  I've known a lot of people who've gone to law school and would seem that those who scored in the 170s on the LSAT do tend to do better - there is a reason that law schools favor the LSAT as the main predictor of how well you will do.  There are exceptions of course, but there are exceptions to every rule.

Whites get into top law schools with less-than-stellar LSAT scores, too.  Get off your idiotic soapbox before it collapses!

Your naivety is touching.  We all understand that as a beneficiary you have to defend AA at every available opportunity, but please, let's not pretend that there's any kind of AA for white people.

LOL.  Hey Miss KKK, if you don't know about the perks YOUR people get, then you're the one missing out.  Good luck!  You'll need it.
"I don't believe in the word 'impossible,' because the One in whom I believe can do the impossible." - Me

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 12:50:40 PM »

You're pretty much wrong.
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

blondngreen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 01:40:20 PM »

LOL.  Hey Miss KKK, if you don't know about the perks YOUR people get, then you're the one missing out.  Good luck!  You'll need it.

Miss KKK?  I feel so sorry you you.  It must be tough thinking that everyone who isn't completely for you, is against you.  I'm going to church now, I'll be sure to say a prayer for you.   How many more points did they attribute to my law school application for being a WASP?  This is law school, not life.

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 02:03:31 PM »

Miss KKK?  I feel so sorry you you.  It must be tough thinking that everyone who isn't completely for you, is against you.  I'm going to church now, I'll be sure to say a prayer for you.   How many more points did they attribute to my law school application for being a WASP?  This is law school, not life.

I hear it's also tough living life with your head stuck firmly in the sand.

htfh

OperaAttorney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 02:13:39 PM »

Don't forget to add your name to the prayer list as well.

"If we ever needed the Lord before, we sure do need Him now...."  ;D
"I don't believe in the word 'impossible,' because the One in whom I believe can do the impossible." - Me

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 02:40:17 PM »

Whatever AA policy Michigan practiced or practices is for the sake of diversity in the classroom, not for reparation or remediation.  Its purpose is to bring together people of all races and backgrounds in order to foster greater understanding.  It is indeed true that "whites" benefit from that environment in many ways, both directly and indirectly.  It is also hopefully true that people, such as yourself, who are divisive and insulting, may learn to live with others without focusing on the differences between you. 

The next time you pray to your "ONE," ask Him/Her how He/She would like you to treat people.  I'm sure calling people "Miss KKK" wouldn't be included in your "To Do' list.

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 02:46:25 PM »
It is also hopefully true that people, such as yourself, who are divisive and insulting, may learn to live with others without focusing on the differences between you. 

The next time you pray to your "ONE," ask Him/Her how He/She would like you to treat people.  I'm sure calling people "Miss KKK" wouldn't be included in your "To Do' list.

Eh, a little context is in order, I'd think.

While I do agree that being insulting doesn't help, he's responding to flame with flame. I'm confident he doesn't harbor such feelings towards people that show him the same sort of respect, even in disagreement.

But I could be wrong.

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 03:11:51 PM »
It is also hopefully true that people, such as yourself, who are divisive and insulting, may learn to live with others without focusing on the differences between you. 

Eh, a little context is in order, I'd think.

While I do agree that being insulting doesn't help, he's responding to flame with flame. I'm confident he doesn't harbor such feelings towards people that show him the same sort of respect, even in disagreement.

But I could be wrong.

That may be true, and almost certainly is, but when trying to claim the moral high ground, one should at least try to show that they deserve to be there. 

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

OperaAttorney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2007, 03:32:40 PM »

Whatever AA policy Michigan practiced or practices is for the sake of diversity in the classroom, not for reparation or remediation.  Its purpose is to bring together people of all races and backgrounds in order to foster greater understanding.  It is indeed true that "whites" benefit from that environment in many ways, both directly and indirectly.  It is also hopefully true that people, such as yourself, who are divisive and insulting, may learn to live with others without focusing on the differences between you. 

Commentary is only relevant when made within the proper context.  Read the entire thread, and then go off!    LOL

BlondnGreen's remarks are indicative of prejudiced apathy, something I find quite offensive.  BlondnGreen did not post her comments because she wanted to reach a "greater understanding."  She wrote insidious diatribes opposing AA b/c the alarmingly low numbers of minority students in US law schools is NOT a problem in her eyes.  In other words, it isn't a concern to her b/c it does not affect her.  I see this all the time at my predominantly white university, so I've got some empirical knowledge.

BlondnGreen may not be a KKK member, but her views on AA are not terribly different from those assumed by unabashed bigots, which include, amongst many others, the KKK folk.

And, one more thing: changing BlondnGreen's moniker to Miss KKK was not an attempt at insolence.  I simply wanted her to see where she may be headed. I wouldn't feel insulted if someone called me Mr. Nation-of-Islam or Mr. Black Panther.