Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dog Fighting vs. Police Work  (Read 3448 times)

dthom71

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dog Fighting vs. Police Work
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 02:18:26 PM »
Im not sure if this subject has been brought up already but has anyone considered the differences between dogs trained for fighting and dogs trained for police work? In my opinion, it's basically the same thing. Both situations force dogs to train. The owners in both situations train the dogs to either kill or be killed. ( Kill either a criminal or another dog. Killing the criminal is actually worse, in my opinion). The owners in both situations place the animal in potentially harmful situations. Ex: somebody calls in a bomb threat.--Police: send the dog in, I'm not about to die.--can anyone explain to me how it's any different? Does the law state that only officials trained to mistreat animals can do so?  Dog fighting is not uncommon; it happened all the time around my neighborhood. Bottom line, blacks do it, its dog fighting. Whites do it, its police work. Leave Mike Vick alone

You're retarded.

Police dogs are trained to stop on command, and police officers don't kill police dogs that don't win fights.  In fact, police dogs aren't in fights.  Yes, they're trained to attack, but they're not trained to kill (people or other dogs).

Stop being a retard, please.

Dog fighting dogs aren't trained to stop on command? And I'm sure all dogs know that when signaled to attack, to only attack a little bit, just short of killing. Crack should not be your drug of choice because its not working.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 02:26:26 PM »
Dog fighting dogs aren't trained to stop on command? And I'm sure all dogs know that when signaled to attack, to only attack a little bit, just short of killing. Crack should not be your drug of choice because its not working.

Yet again, you're making no sense.

Using police dogs to fight crime and training dogs to attack and kill each other are completely different.  If you can't see that, you're an idiot, and quite frankly we have enough of those around here.  We don't need you to add to the lot.
Yale.Law.School.2010

dthom71

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 02:46:30 PM »

Using police dogs to fight crime and training dogs to attack and kill each other are completely different.  If you can't see that, you're an idiot, and quite frankly we have enough of those around here.  We don't need you to add to the lot.

Listen mental midget, It's only different to the human. In both situations, the dog is being forced to train and in both situations the animal is placed into potentially harmful situations. Whether it benefits society or not the bottom line is the owners of both types have an utter disregard for the animal.

RemovesAngerFromArguments

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
Dog fighting dogs aren't trained to stop on command? And I'm sure all dogs know that when signaled to attack, to only attack a little bit, just short of killing.

Using police dogs to fight crime and training dogs to attack and kill each other are completely different. 

It's only different to the human. In both situations, the dog is being forced to train and in both situations the animal is placed into potentially harmful situations. Whether it benefits society or not the bottom line is the owners of both types have an utter disregard for the animal.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 02:56:31 PM »

Listen mental midget, It's only different to the human. In both situations, the dog is being forced to train and in both situations the animal is placed into potentially harmful situations. Whether it benefits society or not the bottom line is the owners of both types have an utter disregard for the animal.

The reason people are outraged about Michael Vick is because he fought dogs to the death, and killed dogs that lost fights (assuming they didn't die in the fight itself).  

Clearly, you don't understand at all why it is people are upset with him and why he's in legal trouble.

Next time before you post you should read a newspaper article or something.  You might want to start off with something simple though, like anything from this site.
Yale.Law.School.2010

RemovesAngerFromArguments

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 02:57:24 PM »
The reason people are outraged about Michael Vick is because he fought dogs to the death, and killed dogs that lost fights (assuming they didn't die in the fight itself). 

dthom71

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 03:13:19 PM »

Clearly, you don't understand at all why it is people are upset with him and why he's in legal trouble.

Next time before you post you should read a newspaper article or something.  You might want to start off with something simple though, like anything from this site.

The main point of my post had nothing to do with Mike Vick. But I guess it's silly on my part to expect anything from a person who touches himself while watching home-made video of human-billy goat sex.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 03:17:20 PM »
Im not sure if this subject has been brought up already but has anyone considered the differences between dogs trained for fighting and dogs trained for police work? In my opinion, it's basically the same thing. Both situations force dogs to train. The owners in both situations train the dogs to either kill or be killed. ( Kill either a criminal or another dog. Killing the criminal is actually worse, in my opinion). The owners in both situations place the animal in potentially harmful situations. Ex: somebody calls in a bomb threat.--Police: send the dog in, I'm not about to die.--can anyone explain to me how it's any different? Does the law state that only officials trained to mistreat animals can do so?  Dog fighting is not uncommon; it happened all the time around my neighborhood. Bottom line, blacks do it, its dog fighting. Whites do it, its police work. Leave Mike Vick alone

The main point of my post had nothing to do with Mike Vick. But I guess it's silly on my part to expect anything from a person who touches himself while watching home-made video of human-billy goat sex.

It all built up to telling us to leave him alone.  Do you even read what you write?  Do you even have any idea what you're talking about?
Yale.Law.School.2010

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 03:46:35 PM »
Looks like I missed some good stuff in here!

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 03:52:06 PM »
Looks like I missed some good stuff in here!

Nah, just me squishing a bug.
Yale.Law.School.2010