;

Author Topic: OLSAS  (Read 7741 times)

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OLSAS
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2004, 03:39:19 PM »
its hard to say ...

UofT is probably my first Canadian choice.  I'm not sure if I'm ready to make the commitment to studying/practice in the US and going through all the req. procedures (ie. visa/work permit/citizenship stuff).  But I'm def. very serious about applying to US schools.  If I got into one of my top choices, I'm almost certain I would go down there.

Cool, gl!
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2004, 04:07:12 PM »
thanks

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2004, 08:24:54 PM »
I am really interested in the J.D./LLB programs from Ottawa and Windsor.

Western is still my first choice if i'm going to be in Ontario.
U of T is 2nd.
Windsor and Ottawa are interesting only for the J.D./LLB option

Matt

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2004, 10:50:03 AM »
I went to windsor for a semester and absolutely loved it.  Too bad their law program really isn't an option for me ...

JBI

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2004, 12:02:50 PM »
I went to windsor for a semester and absolutely loved it.  Too bad their law program really isn't an option for me ...

Because ..... ?

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2004, 12:47:22 PM »
ummm, my training (i figure skate)

anyways, i moved from toronto -> detroit to train ... and switched to windsor so I could go to school.

JBI

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2004, 04:40:57 PM »
Ah I see, I just thought maybe there was some reason why Windsor wouldn't be good.

Cheers

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2004, 05:05:55 PM »
oh ... well, i believe it was ranked last (their undergrad anyways) in the past year's university rankings (by macleans)

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2004, 11:33:45 AM »
oh ... well, i believe it was ranked last (their undergrad anyways) in the past year's university rankings (by macleans)

I wouldn't put much stock in macleans undergrad surveys.  As I said many times, their pet school, University of Waterloo, is mostly crap.  Not to mention it took my bro, who graduated from coveted engineering, two years to find a decent job.  Marks are way more important than macleans.  I would be more concerned by the fact that Windsor has a really hideous campus  :( But then again, at least it has quite a bit of student activity.

That being said, the LLB/JD seems to be a waste of time, and also $$$.  The consensus on this one seems to be: if you want to practice in Canada, just get an LLB (or the 'JD' from UT).  If you want to practice in the US, get their JD from a _decent_ school (Windsor's partners are not considered exactly the best).  If you want to practice internationally, McGill's the best bet, or get a BCL from Oxford once you're done the LLB  ;) 
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2004, 05:58:48 PM »

I wouldn't put much stock in macleans undergrad surveys.  As I said many times, their pet school, University of Waterloo, is mostly crap.  Not to mention it took my bro, who graduated from coveted engineering, two years to find a decent job.  Marks are way more important than macleans.  I would be more concerned by the fact that Windsor has a really hideous campus  :( But then again, at least it has quite a bit of student activity.

true ... I actually couldn't decide between UofT or Windsor for my final year, so I flipped a coin.  UofT won.  Anyways, I love windsor.  Their campus isn't great but the social life is amazing.