Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OLSAS  (Read 7689 times)

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
OLSAS
« on: September 22, 2004, 09:01:59 AM »
so my deadline to get all of my applications out is Oct. 1 since I'm getting really really behind in my classes right now.

Anyways, anyone signed up for OLSAS yet?  What's it like?  I've given about 2 days to complete all of my Canadian apps and I'm applying to UofT, UBC, UVic ... and slight chance of applying to Osgoode.

Has anyone applied to UBC yet?  What's their app. like?

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OLSAS
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 12:01:44 PM »
so my deadline to get all of my applications out is Oct. 1 since I'm getting really really behind in my classes right now.

Anyways, anyone signed up for OLSAS yet?  What's it like?  I've given about 2 days to complete all of my Canadian apps and I'm applying to UofT, UBC, UVic ... and slight chance of applying to Osgoode.

Has anyone applied to UBC yet?  What's their app. like?

OLSAS is okay.  It could be a bit more intuative but it's functional regardless.  Fairly straight forward.  The autobiographical sketch area is easily the weakest part of the website.  Everything else is fairly simple.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 10:27:37 PM »
very interesting.  have you applied to any schools yet?

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 10:31:06 PM »
Western and Queen's are done, but the application must be sent in when everything is done.  Still need to do the Osgoode personal statements.  I find those to be very dumb, btw.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 10:34:47 PM »
i KNOW ...

I'm planning on writing Osgoode and bitching about this.  For me to apply, I would have to write 2 more, 2000 word essays.  It's absolutely ridiculous.  York is always like this.  I turned down a tonn of money from them when I decided on my ugrad. because of their stupid policies.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 10:36:58 PM »
Wait, it's not 2000 words, it's 2000 characters.  That should make it quite a bit easier.  Still, the questions remain stupid.  How has my experience prepared me for law school?  How the hell should I know, I haven't BEEN to law school yet!  Seriously...
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 10:38:41 PM »
ahah ... 2000 characters is much better.  that's like a post on LSD.

Anyways, yeah ... i found Northwestern's application a bit like that but I can see where they were coming from, because they're looking for more 'experienced' applicants.  Where did you do your undergrad again?

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 10:39:38 PM »
ahah ... 2000 characters is much better.  that's like a post on LSD.

Anyways, yeah ... i found Northwestern's application a bit like that but I can see where they were coming from, because they're looking for more 'experienced' applicants.  Where did you do your undergrad again?

University of craptacular Waterloo.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 10:43:49 PM »
blah ... I heard they have a sick golf team.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 10:45:26 PM »
blah ... I heard they have a sick golf team.

I don't know, but I can tell you that the school has sucked all soul out me.  Another reason I'm apprehensive about Osgoode is because every time I go there I think 'well, this reminds me of UW.'  NOT a good thing  :(
No longer here.