Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UVa Waitlist  (Read 887 times)

Will Hunting

• I wanna go fast
    • View Profile
UVa Waitlist
« on: July 29, 2007, 03:32:31 PM »
Got an email saying they were sending my decision in the mail.  They never called to me assess me interest, but I did send in 3 LOCIs since January.  Am I correct in assuming the worst?
Attending (Tony): UT!!!
In (Paulie): UT($$), BU, GWU, SMU($$$)
Out (Christopher): H,Y,S, Chi, NW, GULC, Boalt,
WL (Anthony Junior): UMich, UVa, Duke, Cornell, UCLA, USC, Vandy, ND, BC

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UVa Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 04:09:10 PM »
Last year, UVA was kind enough to leave me on the waitlist until the first day of classes, upon which the school sent me a letter politely informing me that its class was full and wishing me great successes in my legal career.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 06:44:30 PM »
Got it as well; figure they are probably releasing me from the WL.

jamas

• Two-Fisted Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 01:03:32 AM »
I've sent them nothing since I was waitlisted.

And they've sent me nothing at all either.  I think they may have just forgotten about me.

Same here. Does your status checker login still work? I just tried and mine still does, I just had to cycle through a couple of passwords to remember which one I used. I'm guessing you were on the non-resident non-priority waitlist like me? I interpreted that as a soft rejection, and haven't heard anything to alter that assessment.

jamas

• Two-Fisted Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 06:24:57 AM »
I declined waitlists at UCLA and Northwestern because I didn't think that they were worth the increase in cost compared to Texas with in-state tuition. Virginia would make me think hard, though. I honestly can't say. I like the idea of increased geographic flexibility and clerkship opportunities, but those tuition bills are still considerable. What's your current admit picture look like?

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 09:52:22 PM »
Got my letter today; essentially it said thanks, but no thanks. It was nice.