Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Micheal Vick: Is it just me?  (Read 8281 times)

Funia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Micheal Vick: Is it just me?
« on: July 26, 2007, 06:31:37 PM »
I really don't think dog fighting is that big of a deal. I believe it's wrong but does it deserve this much attention? Every channel is talking about this.  :-\

I posted this in another forum and I wanted to get your feedback on the charges against Micheal Vick and the legal issues surrounding cruelty to animals. I knew I would get a lot of good feedback on here.

Amy Winehouse

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rehab is for quitters.
    • View Profile
Re: Micheal Vick: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 06:39:23 PM »
Yes, it is that bad and there are several reasons why:

1)tested his dogs for cruelty and killed those who failed by beating them and drowning them. 
2)he trained innocent and peaceful creatures to brutally main and kill other creatures

so not only did he encourage dogs to kill other dogs for sport, he also trained them to be vicious and killed the dogs that didn't meet his expectations.

It doesn't need to be on every channel 24/7, but it is an important enough story for all channels to cover the story at some point and to some extent.
Columbia Law School 2010

Funia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 06:43:38 PM »
Yes, it is that bad and there are several reasons why:

1)tested his dogs for cruelty and killed those who failed by beating them and drowning them. 
2)he trained innocent and peaceful creatures to brutally main and kill other creatures

so not only did he encourage dogs to kill other dogs for sport, he also trained them to be vicious and killed the dogs that didn't meet his expectations.

But no, just like Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton, it doesn't need to be on every channel.  Blame 24hr news channels for that one.

Okay, this I agree with. My issue is, there are people who call dog fighting (the breeding and killing of dogs) inhumane and go to Mcdonald's and enjoy the hell out of a Big Mac. Those animals are bread to die also and some claim they die a deplorable death. In my opinion, by eating that meat one is supporting a similar process.

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 06:45:20 PM »
I really don't think dog fighting is that big of a deal. I believe it's wrong but does it deserve this much attention? Every channel is talking about this.  :-\

I posted this on another forum and I wanted to get your feedback on the charges against Micheal Vick and the legal issues surrounding cruelty to animals. I knew I would get a lot of good feedback on here.

completely agree much bigger things going on in the world
...man, you was who you was before you got here

Bubb Rubb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 06:50:43 PM »
what is crazy is all of the PETA people outside of the courthouse making their case against vick.

(sorry for the all caps)

COULD YOU IMAGINE IF THAT MANY PEOPLE, ON A DAILY BASIS, PICKETED TO SAVE OTHER HUMAN BEINGS IN AFRICA MAYBE?

fcuk pitbulls, they were created to kill.

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 06:51:11 PM »
this is the same media that covers paris hilton, lindsey lohan, harry potter more than the Iraq War, the Attorney General scandal, etc...
Princeton Law 2010

Archbishop Don Magic Juan

• Pimpin' Aint Easy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 06:53:20 PM »
Lend yo' ears bitches and bro's whle I pontificate about the white media.  They hate on a pimptastic playa, the pitbull puncha' himself Mr Mike Vick because he is black.
See you at The Player's Ball son.

Funia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 06:55:10 PM »
ok. Maybe not.

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 07:51:43 PM »
If he killed another black male, i bet this wouldnt get this much media attention

Yeah, what he did was wrong, no doubt, but its just as wrong as wearing a fur coat or hunting animals for sport

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 08:21:47 PM »

The federal government should be less concerned with Michael Vick and more concerned with cracking down on the meat industry, where their cruel and disgusting practices affect the majority of us on a daily basis, healthwise and morality-wise.

This whole Vick controversy is a little overdone. I guess he would have been better off slaughtering farm animals, as he probably wouldn't have been in this predicament.

Here we go again!
Yes:
No: Jones
WL: Mercer
Pending: GSU,UGA,Bama,Samford