Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Micheal Vick: Is it just me?  (Read 7930 times)

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
Re: Micheal Vick: Is it just me?
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 03:01:10 AM »
the media is shameless bringing out the cute puppy dogs, bloody animals, and breeding contraptions to make all the people who really didnt give a @#!* about this care..come on, i dont see them showing photos of drunk driving accident scenes when talking about lohan.  this is a perfect example of the media creating a story.  then linking it to hip hop, pahla zahn is on a f-ing mission isnt she?  its not just you.  this is bull.  whats up with the katrina trailers????????????  i swear.  not to mention the fact white folk'' sit up and watch and make billions of dollars off watching black people maim an destroy themselves in sh*t like boxing, football (oh the irony), and cops even...sheesh.  the beloved pitbull...get the @#!* out of here. 
The Tragicomic: Its embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace ones worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

clee750

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 03:05:11 AM »
why even talk about it in the news. If the media spent as much time talking about local and worldwide hunger instead of all the crap famous people get themselves into, i wonder how much better the problem would be.

Or hey, here is an idea. Spend a few minutes during the news taking about positive things. Talk about someone doing something good in the world.

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 06:19:44 AM »
Lend yo' ears bitches and bro's whle I pontificate about the white media.  They hate on a pimptastic playa, the pitbull puncha' himself Mr Mike Vick because he is black.

The Hayle

But as this goes further, im beginning to think some of this has to do with race. I just dont think if whitey did it, it would be this serious

But thats not to say that what he is doing is right, because surely its not.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 06:20:16 AM »
If he killed another black male, i bet this wouldnt get this much media attention

Dogs are really sweet though... :D

The federal government should be less concerned with Michael Vick and more concerned with cracking down on the meat industry, where their cruel and disgusting practices affect the majority of us on a daily basis, healthwise and morality-wise.

This whole Vick controversy is a little overdone. I guess he would have been better off slaughtering farm animals, as he probably wouldn't have been in this predicament.
I see your point, but still don't agree. First of all, one wrong doesn't justify another. We shouldn't start ignoring something 'because there's something worse going on somewhere else'.

Secondly, comparing it to farm animals is ridiculous. Yes, there's a lot of tasteless things going on there too that should be dealt with, but at the end of the day the farm business serves a greater purpose; to feed us. Let's not make thing s vegan campaign now. Vick's, and his fellows, are torturing and killing animals simply for some twisted pleasure out of doing so. It's not at all comparable to something that is actually food production.

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 06:21:45 AM »
the media is shameless bringing out the cute puppy dogs, bloody animals, and breeding contraptions to make all the people who really didnt give a @#!* about this care..come on, i dont see them showing photos of drunk driving accident scenes when talking about lohan.  this is a perfect example of the media creating a story.  then linking it to hip hop, pahla zahn is on a f-ing mission isnt she?  its not just you.  this is bull.  whats up with the katrina trailers????????????  i swear.  not to mention the fact white folk'' sit up and watch and make billions of dollars off watching black people maim an destroy themselves in sh*t like boxing, football (oh the irony), and cops even...sheesh.  the beloved pitbull...get the @#!* out of here. 

They brought oout th cute puppy dogs huh. Lol.

A pitbull is bred to be a fighter, mean, and the like. Keep those puppy dogs in there. Pit Bulls are outlawed in mansy states so they can keep that bull crap

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 06:25:11 AM »
If he killed another black male, i bet this wouldnt get this much media attention

The federal government should be less concerned with Michael Vick and more concerned with cracking down on the meat industry, where their cruel and disgusting practices affect the majority of us on a daily basis, healthwise and morality-wise.

This whole Vick controversy is a little overdone. I guess he would have been better off slaughtering farm animals, as he probably wouldn't have been in this predicament.
I see your point, but still don't agree. First of all, one wrong doesn't justify another. We shouldn't start ignoring something 'because there's something worse going on somewhere else'.

Secondly, comparing it to farm animals is ridiculous. Yes, there's a lot of tasteless things going on there too that should be dealt with, but at the end of the day the farm business serves a greater purpose; to feed us. Let's not make thing s vegan campaign now. Vick's, and his fellows, are torturing and killing animals simply for some twisted pleasure out of doing so. It's not at all comparable to something that is actually food production.

Naw, dont ignore it. But pay just as much attention to the other things going on in this world which happen to be worse, just as much as you would this matter

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 07:37:44 AM »
Of course, but that's no defense for Michael Vick, although some people here have seemed to use it as such.

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 08:48:24 AM »
Let's simplify this discussion to take out all of the elements that obscures the issue at hand. It's not about what is fair, but about what is legal or in this case illegal. Dogfighting save for 2 states is a felony plain and simple. He had to have known that, he got caught up (allegedly) and now he's at the mercy of the feds.

By involving race, celebrity and comparing tragedies we are missing the point and that is he should have been smart enough to remove himself or his association with felonious activities, end of freakin story.

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 09:26:31 AM »

First of all, I didn't say ignore Michael Vick.

Secondly, the meat industry's methods of killing animals mirror those of the media's description of the way Mike is killing those dogs, and that is why I made the federal govt statement.

Finally, yes, the meat industry feeds many people, but that is no excuse for the horrific manner in which they choose to go about it. There is a humane way to raise these animals and prepare them for slaughter, it's in the Bible. The meat industry also tortures animals, but because they do it for production purposes, that makes it ok?  ??? WTF ever.
Here we go again!
Yes:
No: Jones
WL: Mercer
Pending: GSU,UGA,Bama,Samford

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 09:27:31 AM »
Let's simplify this discussion to take out all of the elements that obscures the issue at hand. It's not about what is fair, but about what is legal or in this case illegal. Dogfighting save for 2 states is a felony plain and simple. He had to have known that, he got caught up (allegedly) and now he's at the mercy of the feds.

By involving race, celebrity and comparing tragedies we are missing the point and that is he should have been smart enough to remove himself or his association with felonious activities, end of freakin story.

I dont think anyone is missing the point

I mean honestly, he knew it was a felony, and he should do the time. n-word dont realize that mess until they get caught and see that shyt really does stink.

But does it deserve this much attention??? Thats my prob