Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Don't these kids out of college make you want to scream?  (Read 8540 times)

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: Don't these kids out of college make you want to scream?
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2007, 02:34:31 PM »
I never watched cartoons really.  I did collect POGS though. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

sc3pt0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2007, 02:36:08 PM »
Masters of the Universe was just the He-man cartoon.

Silverhawks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silverhawks

What about:

The Flinstones
The Jetsons
Underdog (the new movie coming out is ridiculous)

HAHAHAH!  Yea, POGS, that was a great period of time.  Does anyone remember the STAR WARS CARD GAME?  Similar to MAGIC: THE GATHERING?
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2007, 02:44:50 PM »
Anyone notice how godawful cheap toys have become?

Compare a GI Joe today with a GI Joe from 15 years ago, the former will seam like a cheap knock-off.
Yale.Law.School.2010

sc3pt0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2007, 02:56:15 PM »
I loved how when the new edition Star Wars toys came out, the figurines looked like they were involved with BALCO.

http://www.kenston.k12.oh.us/khs/just4fun/muscle_yoda.jpg
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2007, 03:35:04 PM »
they are now selling the classic star wars figures, at about 10 bucks per

i bet their not even the originals...
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

sc3pt0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2007, 04:23:41 PM »
I have many of the old figures.  In loose condition, without the accessories, 10 bucks is about the going price (depending on the character of course).  When you start getting figures in the boxes, with the guns, etc., the price can rise rather quickly.  I probably have 200 loose figures, and probably 25 in boxes.  I also have countless vehicles, collector's boxes, etc.

It seemed as if interest/value of the figures went down after this new trilogy came out.  Hopefully, interest didn't die off completely, and when it comes time for me to retire, I can sell these, and make up for the Social Security money being gone...Damn old people!

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2007, 04:27:40 PM »
Anyone remember that Seinfeld where Elaine has to hire Jerry's dad but she gets annoyed at him so she schedules meetings at the end of the day so he'll be cranky and tired?  That's another reason not to hire nontrads. 

Ha ha!  I remember that one.  Most non-trads aren't past retirement age (like Jerry's dad), I imagine.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2007, 07:09:21 PM »
Anyone remember that Seinfeld where Elaine has to hire Jerry's dad but she gets annoyed at him so she schedules meetings at the end of the day so he'll be cranky and tired?  That's another reason not to hire nontrads. 

Ha ha!  I remember that one.  Most non-trads aren't past retirement age (like Jerry's dad), I imagine.

Haha, I missed this when you posted it.  Seems like we have similar taste in TV/movies Hank.  Not to mention girls (MP).  ;)

To be fair, who wouldn't like MP?
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.