Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Don't these kids out of college make you want to scream?  (Read 8582 times)

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
Re: Don't these kids out of college make you want to scream?
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »
Oh yes, the Play-doh!  What about nap-time...damn naps, I was NEVER tired!  Remember those extra-big pencils they made us write with?  And the "Big-Chief" paper?  :D

That cursive writing on the LSAT took me like 20 minutes to write....I was SOOOOOOO nervous I wouldn't finish it in time!

looove the big pencils, i had a blue one and a red one
...man, you was who you was before you got here

sc3pt0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 04:18:38 PM »
 :D ;D

Damn college kids...think they're so smart!
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill

ljg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
I'm glad that my school has a good proportion of non-trads.  Sometimes, the kids straight out of college bug the heck out of me with their immaturity.  Anyone have a good story about one of these kids making you want to slap some sense into them?

Also, it seems that a lot of BigLaw firms seem to prefer students who went to law school immediately after undergrad.  I don't know if they consider them more "trainable" or more likely to fit into that type of culture for some reason.  What do you guys think about that? 

Also, did anyone see this article about Summer Associates making as much as $3K per week?  http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/23/AR2007072301890.html?hpid=sec-education&sub=AR
Now, I don't mind that in theory, but it does bother me that this is the first real world experience a lot of these interns have, and I think they come out with a skewed sense of reality.  Can't stand the entitlement either.  Found that firm's motto "When Experience Matters" a touch ironic as well.

You can honestly say that you were the model of maturity straight out of college? If not, cut them some slack. Being young doesn't automatically mean that someone is immature- there are plenty of immature adults in this world.

Revenge of LSATie

• Nulli Secundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 04:38:34 PM »
Always making fun of your rollie bag and life experience interjections in class, too!

I mean, come on, you've had TWO mortgages.  I think you have just a LITTLE bit more relevant life experience here in the class on finance.  You should share it!  You're doing us a favor.

wiimote

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
I mean, come on, you've had TWO mortgages.  I think you have just a LITTLE bit more relevant life experience here in the class on finance.  You should share it!  You're doing us a favor.

She has a bank account too!

Truth be told, the problem with most nontrads is they failed in their prior career. Cut the crap and admit you wouldn't be going to law school if you had done well in your last attempted profession. Law school is your last chance at a steady income, or so you think.

A nontrad is like the old vagabond free agent in football. Young students are like the #1 draft pick.

sc3pt0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 04:50:26 PM »
It's not if you go to a Tier 2,3,4?  I guess you should tell that to my dad, who was a non-trad, and is now a Partner at his D.C. firm.  He went to American University...not exactly a top school.
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill

NotATroll

• Trolling for n00bs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 04:51:53 PM »
It's not if you go to a Tier 2,3,4?  I guess you should tell that to my dad, who was a non-trad, and is now a Partner at his D.C. firm.  He went to American University...not exactly a top school.

Guys at my troll high school did this all the time. Its not a big deal.

::SMASHES::
“Keep your goals away from the trolls.”

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 04:56:06 PM »
I mean, come on, you've had TWO mortgages.  I think you have just a LITTLE bit more relevant life experience here in the class on finance.  You should share it!  You're doing us a favor.

She has a bank account too!

Truth be told, the problem with most nontrads is they failed in their prior career. Cut the crap and admit you wouldn't be going to law school if you had done well in your last attempted profession. Law school is your last chance at a steady income, or so you think.

A nontrad is like the old vagabond free agent in football. Young students are like the #1 draft pick.

1. as for your analogy, who will get you to the super bowl faster a #1 draft pick or a free agent? 2. are you serious? if so see title of thread
...man, you was who you was before you got here

TeresaPinfold

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 04:58:34 PM »
Yeah, and their music sucks. Rap? More like [c]rap!

sc3pt0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 05:03:16 PM »
Most of the free agents were not kept by their original team, because they weren't an INTEGRAL part of the Championship Run.  The #1 Draft Pick is the foundation for the future (except top picks taken by the Browns, Bengals, Cardinals, and Texans).