Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Books?  (Read 1289 times)

bennyb330

LSAT Books?
« on: July 24, 2007, 05:32:49 PM »
I am studying FT for the LSAT in August.  What are the most essential books for someone on a budget? (Do not refer me to Liz's LSAT guide - I don't like the selections she provided)

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: LSAT Books?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 02:03:57 AM »
I am studying FT for the LSAT in August.  What are the most essential books for someone on a budget? (Do not refer me to Liz's LSAT guide - I don't like the selections she provided)

If you don't like those suggestions you are out of luck.

Perhaps you should regress to your appropriate level and give Peterson's Lsat Success a chance. 
http://www.amazon.com/Petersons-Lsat-Success-Test/dp/1560798459

http://www.flashcardsecrets.com/lsat/

saradsun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 09:45:46 AM »
I'll answer you seriously.

You have to get Logic Games Bible if those are a weak point for you. I got 14/24 correct in the logic games section on my first prep test, mostly going by instinct. The LGB is so helpful! I'm "getting" it now.

Hint -- don't pay full price at amazon. half.com or ebay.

bennyb330

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 11:12:20 AM »
I really love how you poopshingles make witty comments insulting my intelligence b/c I didn't eat every nugget of $hit out of the arse of Liz's LSAT guide.

If you re-read my post you will realize that I am a student on a budget.  I didn't want to shell out a ton for the LG bible.  That is what I posted.  Thanks to saradsun for having a brain.  Screw y'all.

CrnchyCereal

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 11:26:05 AM »
Unless you're wallowing in the depths of poverty, I don't think there is much excuse for a "student on a budget" to not get essentials like the LGB or LRB.  Courses are very expensive, and it makes sense not to take one if you cannot afford it (this is the case with me).  But if you are serious about self-study, then it makes sense to shell out the extra money for the guides that are most helpful.  It's honestly a drop in the bucket compared to things like tuition, application fees, loans, and the eventual expected starting salaries of graduates from T1 schools as opposed to TTT schools.  Find it used, borrow it, or find whatever means you can to get the books, but get them. 

saradsun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 11:35:37 AM »
Well I have compassion for others struggling with $$.

I got 2 books close to free from paperbackswap.com (princeton review's Cracking the LSAT and barron's passkey but I've been told to scrap PR and I haven't even opened barron's yet)

I applied for and got a waiver from LSAC, and was then able to order SuperPrep from them for free. (and take lsat for free and get free lsdas)

I paid $35 for a used copy of Logic Games Bible off ebay.

Gonna decide about the LRB in a few weeks after working on logic games. I already do pretty well on logical reasoning.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 12:39:24 PM »
If you re-read my post you will realize that I am a student on a budget.  I didn't want to shell out a ton for the LG bible.  That is what I posted.  Thanks to saradsun for having a brain.  Screw y'all.

Um, saradsun recommended a book you specifically don't want to buy....  which also happens to be in the "required" section of Liz's list...

LizPendens™

• LSD Obsessed
  • The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 03:31:38 PM »
poopshingles?
There foam'd rebellious Logic, gagg'd and bound.                           
            -  Charles Dodgson,  "Lewis Carroll"                               
                         "The Game of Logic"

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 11:53:15 PM »
I really love how you poopshingles make witty comments insulting my intelligence b/c I didn't eat every nugget of $hit out of the arse of Liz's LSAT guide.

I'm not sure whether to be disgusted or aroused by this comment.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 11:53:46 PM »
lol. i <3 jeffort. ehh.. urr.. in a strictly platonic way.  :)

You do realize Plato was all about the gay sex, right?