Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How's this for crazy?  (Read 1465 times)

erinklein

• View Profile
How's this for crazy?
« on: July 24, 2007, 04:35:47 PM »
My stats:  Age 35, hubby 34, kids 1 and 3, GPA 3.0, LSAT 168, hubby should be attending U.T with an LSAT of 171 fall of '08.  I was going to do LS after he finished, but now's he's suggesting we go together.  Could I even get into U.T. (TX resident)?  Is it feasible financially?  Not rich.  He will get all 3 years tuition paid for, I would have to hope for assistance from somewhere.  Seriously, my head aches.  Please advise.  Thanks.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
Re: How's this for crazy?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 10:55:38 AM »
With both of you in ls you might be able to qualify for some need-based loans.  Seriously, I don't know that for a fact, I'm brainstorming.  It sounds like an attractive idea- you could both study together. 
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 11:09:02 AM »
My stats:  Age 35, hubby 34, kids 1 and 3, GPA 3.0, LSAT 168, hubby should be attending U.T with an LSAT of 171 fall of '08.  I was going to do LS after he finished, but now's he's suggesting we go together.  Could I even get into U.T. (TX resident)?  Is it feasible financially?  Not rich.  He will get all 3 years tuition paid for, I would have to hope for assistance from somewhere.  Seriously, my head aches.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Financially speaking, it can work if you work out a budget and stick to it.

Although it would be nice to have hubby as a study partner, your children are small, and their time with your husband will be severely limited as it is.

In the opinion of a fellow mommy, your babies are just too young to have both mom and dad busy with law school work, they need at least one of you full time. Either your grades or home life will suffer if you both go right now, not worth it to me.

If they were school age, I'd say go for it. Even if you don't want to wait 3 years, I think it would be better for your children if would at least wait until hubby gets through one or two years of law school before you start. That way your oldest may be in preschool or Kindergarten by then.
Here we go again!
Yes:
No: Jones
WL: Mercer
Pending: GSU,UGA,Bama,Samford

sc3pt0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 04:21:22 PM »
You could always sell the kids for tuition!   ;D
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 04:54:32 PM »
You could always sell the kids for tuition!   ;D

Now there's an idea! ;)
Here we go again!
Yes:
No: Jones
WL: Mercer
Pending: GSU,UGA,Bama,Samford

scottie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 03:47:25 PM »
I hope you both get in and go.  Would love some company if I actually get in and get to go this time around!
----------------------------------
Why am I doing this again?
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=scottieUT

andy1990

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 09:53:55 AM »
Sorry to ohstacey.....

I totally disagree. I have 3 young children now as well and am going to go to law school early so as to be here when they are most likely to get into trouble,when the ARE in school.I am tired as I can be so yes, I know my punctuation and spelling aren't up to parr,but oh well. I agree with the above,if you can figure it out for both to go,at the same time,go for it. I have a 1,2, and 8yr old and I'm going for it. Good Luck!!!!