I made this last night and my family loved it:
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 3 pounds pork spareribs
* 1 cup ketchup
* 1 (12 fluid ounce) can cola-flavored carbonated beverage
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly brown the spareribs on both sides. Remove the ribs, and place in a roasting pan. In a medium bowl, stir together the ketchup, cola, and ginger. Pour over the ribs, and place a lid on the pan, or cover tightly with aluminum foil.
3. Bake for 2 hours in the preheated oven. Remove the lid during the last 30 minutes.