Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSDAS fee  (Read 1363 times)

sierra

• View Profile
LSDAS fee
« on: September 22, 2004, 12:19:28 AM »
Does anyone know if I have to pay the LSDAS fee before sending in my transcripts and LORs? According to the website, if you select the schools that you want to apply to at the same time that you pay the fee, you get a discount. I won't know which schools I'm applying to until after I take the LSAT in December, but I would like to have my transcripts and LORs in before then.

jayhawk

Re: LSDAS fee
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 12:22:42 AM »
Yes, you should pay the fee first and open an account, otherwise they won't know what to do with your transcripts and LOR's.  Also, you don't need to know which schools you are applying to, but if you know how many schools you can take advantage of the discount.  For example, when I registered I figured I would apply to at least 5 schools, so I purchased 5 reports at $10.  Now that I'm applying to more schools, I will have to buy more at $12 each.

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 12:34:28 AM »
I think that is such a f-ing ripoff.  So, if I overpay and dont need it later on, can I get my money back?  That's why I haven't signed up for the service yet, cause I havent decided now many law schools to apply to. 
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

jayhawk

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 12:37:08 AM »
I think that is such a f-ing ripoff.  So, if I overpay and dont need it later on, can I get my money back?  That's why I haven't signed up for the service yet, cause I havent decided now many law schools to apply to. 

It is a ripoff, but I really don't think the $2 is really going to kill anyone, especially considering how expensive everything else throughout the whole admissions process is.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 09:04:43 AM »
LSAC/LSDAS is the biggest ripoff EVER.  Not because they charge you so much ... but because it seems like at every step there's some new thing you have to pay for.  And they don't tell you about it until you've paid for the previous step.  They have a complete monopoly on the damn application thingy .... i demand an investigation.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 04:13:56 PM »
I think you should spearhead the effort, cheeks.  We're behind you all the way!