Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BLACK LOVE  (Read 18280 times)

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK LOVE
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 01:26:42 PM »
I didn't think that this thread would be too popular amongst the women of BLSD. 

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 01:27:58 PM »

Eh, that's not my issue with this thread
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 01:45:15 PM »
exactly

Eh, that's not my issue with this thread
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 02:15:17 PM »

Care to elaborate? I'm interested. ;)
Here we go again!
Yes:
No: Jones
WL: Mercer
Pending: GSU,UGA,Bama,Samford

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 03:30:03 PM »

Answering that question is like playing flag football in an open field in Afghanistan (you know with all the landmines there, supposedly like 2 land mines per Afghan).  ;)

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2007, 04:53:03 PM »

I'm not sure what Pulchritudinous is implying with the landmine analogy but the woman on here tend to shake their heads at ignorant or blanketed statements and  several have occured in this thread.

Yes I would marry a mixed woman, as a matter of fact if I was in love I'd marry a woman totally outside of my race. Do I feel that there are plenty of deserving African-American women that I should look towards first to marry? Well in a way yes. I love my sisters and I know that sometimes it can be a little difficult for them to find a black man at or above their level, but I don't feel I'm obligated to do so because of that. I've experienced women from every major race and a few different nationalities, and while they were definitely interesting experiences, I definitely feel that special connection with my black sisters.

I thought this next one was flame, at first. ???

I'm as black as coal and I like them light skinned, no matter what race.

I'm black, but people think I'm mixed because I'm fair-skinned. I do have Indian in my family though, lol!!

When I see black men with women who aren't black, I don't have a problem with it, although my black girlfriends always seem to. I think it's silly. I remember getting looks and comments from black men when I dated the white guys too.

Why? Why not dark skinned or brown skinned women. Ive met many darker sisters who look better than some lightskinned sisters. But i suppose you'd choose the lightskinned one because she is light right?

I'm afraid you're right. I would but not blindly. I wont jump on a chick just cos she's light skinned, she would still have to pass some basic tests. I would not pass up a brilliant dark skinned woman over a dumb light skinned chick, I just mean that in a situation where all things remain equal, I would opt for the light skinned one. No disrespect to my dark sistas, I still love and respect 'em, just would rather have a light skinned one with me. I have three sisters, one is lightskinned and the other two are beautiful dark skinned women but do I love one more than the other cos she's light skinned and the other is not? No. But on the romantic side, thats just what I'm attracted to. My mom's light skinned, some folks say that's got something to do with it, I dont believe 'em. For some reason I just like 'em better.

From here, I SMH and digress.

Ok...

My quote was drug into this why???

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 05:07:51 PM »
I digressed from this topic on this thread. But we can PM.

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 05:37:28 PM »

Answering that question is like playing flag football in an open field in Afghanistan (you know with all the landmines there, supposedly like 2 land mines per Afghan).  ;)

lol, fair enough. :D
Here we go again!
Yes:

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2007, 05:48:39 PM »

I'm not sure what Pulchritudinous is implying with the landmine analogy but the woman on here tend to shake their heads at ignorant or blanketed statements and  several have occured in this thread.

Yes I would marry a mixed woman, as a matter of fact if I was in love I'd marry a woman totally outside of my race. Do I feel that there are plenty of deserving African-American women that I should look towards first to marry? Well in a way yes. I love my sisters and I know that sometimes it can be a little difficult for them to find a black man at or above their level, but I don't feel I'm obligated to do so because of that. I've experienced women from every major race and a few different nationalities, and while they were definitely interesting experiences, I definitely feel that special connection with my black sisters.

I thought this next one was flame, at first. ???

I'm as black as coal and I like them light skinned, no matter what race.

I'm black, but people think I'm mixed because I'm fair-skinned. I do have Indian in my family though, lol!!

When I see black men with women who aren't black, I don't have a problem with it, although my black girlfriends always seem to. I think it's silly. I remember getting looks and comments from black men when I dated the white guys too.

Why? Why not dark skinned or brown skinned women. Ive met many darker sisters who look better than some lightskinned sisters. But i suppose you'd choose the lightskinned one because she is light right?

I'm afraid you're right. I would but not blindly. I wont jump on a chick just cos she's light skinned, she would still have to pass some basic tests. I would not pass up a brilliant dark skinned woman over a dumb light skinned chick, I just mean that in a situation where all things remain equal, I would opt for the light skinned one. No disrespect to my dark sistas, I still love and respect 'em, just would rather have a light skinned one with me. I have three sisters, one is lightskinned and the other two are beautiful dark skinned women but do I love one more than the other cos she's light skinned and the other is not? No. But on the romantic side, thats just what I'm attracted to. My mom's light skinned, some folks say that's got something to do with it, I dont believe 'em. For some reason I just like 'em better.

From here, I SMH and digress.

Oh well. My statements were neither ignorant nor blanketed, as I was speaking from my own personal experience. If anything, the reactions from people I described in my posts were what I would shake my head at.

Interesting subject matter though. I like the outspoken nature of some of the posts, though I do not agree with everything said.

I wonder why people are being so tight-lipped about what they think anyway.  These seem like the types of issues we should address and try to understand why people think the way they do, and perhaps offer them some insight into a different point of view, especially if their statements seem ignorant or appalling(sp?).
Here we go again!
Yes:

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2007, 06:06:31 PM »
I wonder why people are being so tight-lipped about what they think anyway.  These seem like the types of issues we should address and try to understand why people think the way they do, and perhaps offer them some insight into a different point of view, especially if their statements seem ignorant or appalling(sp?).

Very true Cali, very true. You know how it can get in here though...a person makes a questionable statement and then the intellectual police comes out in force and slice and dice, and dissect the statement in a way that could come off as belittlement.

Uh-oh I think I just stepped on a mine. bwahahahaaaaaa