Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BLACK LOVE  (Read 18016 times)

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK LOVE
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 08:41:59 PM »

a mother in law told her son in law, after he broke up with her daughter: "she told me yall had broken up this the first thing I said, I told her, 'now i guess i wont be havin no more pretty grandbabies...'"   

Funny! I have a couple of girlfriends (both dark skinned) with biracial husbands who married them because they wanted their babies to have light skin and "good" hair. I couldn't believe it but they were serious... ::)

What happened to marrying for love??

He felt used. But wondered what pains she may have felt, in her life, to say something like that.

One of my friends admits she has a complex because of her skin color, saying she would get teased about being dark in school by other black kids.

But heck, I was teased too. I was called 'n' and 'blackie' by the white and mexican kids(grew up in Cali), and 'yellow' and 'oreo' by the black kids.

But I think references we use in the black community like having "good hair" (as opposed to what-bad hair?) go back to the house vs. field negro mentality, where being lighter somehow makes you better, or more attractive.

Here we go again!
Yes:
No: Jones
WL: Mercer
Pending: GSU,UGA,Bama,Samford

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 08:42:35 PM »
I'm as black as coal and I like them light skinned, no matter what race.

Why? Why not dark skinned or brown skinned women. Ive met many darker sisters who look better than some lightskinned sisters. But i suppose you'd choose the lightskinned one because she is light right?

Attractive it Attractive to me. I cant lie, im dark skinned myself and love dark skinned guys, but always attract guys lighter than me. But ust because my preference is dark skinned men, doesnt mean id turn down a nice looking lighter man.

Funia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 01:01:30 AM »
I'm black, but people think I'm mixed because I'm fair-skinned. I do have Indian in my family though, lol!!

You too. lol [at the 'I got Indian in my family joke']. Both my parents are black but as you can see, I am also fair-skinned and people wonder if I am mixed [I get the, is your mom white? which is quite rude if you think about it].

Even as a light-skindid (lol) woman, I hate when black men use skin shade as a disqualifier. When a man says he prefers light-skinned women I always think: he just dissed my sister - who happens to be brown skinned and equally gorgeous.  ;) All of a sudden, in my mind, his own insecurities and internal hang-ups become transparent.

hushpuppy

• That I may be free. I love you Jo'burg.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 09:24:02 AM »

Why? Why not dark skinned or brown skinned women. Ive met many darker sisters who look better than some lightskinned sisters. But i suppose you'd choose the lightskinned one because she is light right?
Attractive it Attractive to me. I cant lie, im dark skinned myself and love dark skinned guys, but always attract guys lighter than me. But ust because my preference is dark skinned men, doesnt mean id turn down a nice looking lighter man.

I'm afraid you're right. I would but not blindly. I wont jump on a chick just cos she's light skinned, she would still have to pass some basic tests. I would not pass up a brilliant dark skinned woman over a dumb light skinned chick, I just mean that in a situation where all things remain equal, I would opt for the light skinned one. No disrespect to my dark sistas, I still love and respect 'em, just would rather have a light skinned one with me. I have three sisters, one is lightskinned and the other two are beautiful dark skinned women but do I love one more than the other cos she's light skinned and the other is not? No. But on the romantic side, thats just what I'm attracted to. My mom's light skinned, some folks say that's got something to do with it, I dont believe 'em. For some reason I just like 'em better.
GWU 2010 except Vandy calls

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 09:28:50 AM »
SMH at this thread
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 10:59:24 AM »

I'm afraid you're right. I would but not blindly. I wont jump on a chick just cos she's light skinned, she would still have to pass some basic tests. I would not pass up a brilliant dark skinned woman over a dumb light skinned chick, I just mean that in a situation where all things remain equal, I would opt for the light skinned one. No disrespect to my dark sistas, I still love and respect 'em, just would rather have a light skinned one with me. I have three sisters, one is lightskinned and the other two are beautiful dark skinned women but do I love one more than the other cos she's light skinned and the other is not? No. But on the romantic side, thats just what I'm attracted to. My mom's light skinned, some folks say that's got something to do with it, I dont believe 'em. For some reason I just like 'em better.

Hmmm, i guess.

FrankWhite

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 04:32:02 PM »
I prefer mixed girls..they are the bangendest. FLAME ON

Emory Law Class of 2010

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 06:09:48 PM »
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 06:50:55 PM »
SMH at this thread

Exactly!  ::yawn::
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile