Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Best 4th tier school  (Read 6566 times)

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
Re: The Best 4th tier school
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 07:29:19 PM »
Howard.  Though, I think it might no longer be T4.

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2007, 08:17:15 PM »
Howard.  Though, I think it might no longer be T4.

It is Tier 3, and probably should be higher.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

guizot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »
Suffolk.  Their graduates get to sit on the bench every day and tell Harvard, Boston College, and Boston University grads, along with the occasional Yale alum, what they can do with their arguments.

guizot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2007, 01:20:40 AM »
Peanut butter, jelly, etc.,

Wait until someone slips on your banana peel in New England.  Your appreciation for Suffolk will bear a whole new bunch of fruit.

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2007, 08:23:21 AM »
Suffolk.  Their graduates get to sit on the bench every day and tell Harvard, Boston College, and Boston University grads, along with the occasional Yale alum, what they can do with their arguments.

Suffolks Tier 3, and for what its worth, when I went out to work with my dad building pools in southern mass, every lawyer I met when I was younger was a well employed Suffolk grad. I've read alot in my googling that indicates Suffolk's rank in the USNWR is due to its complete disregard for placement outside of Massachusetts, and its brutal 2.7 curve.

studymaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2007, 09:01:57 AM »

ah, so they work at T14 libraries!  sounds like a great gig to me.

Haha, *rolling around on floor laughign and getting weird looks*

It is whispered that soon, if we all heed the call, the piper will lead us to reason.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2007, 09:53:44 AM »
Suffolk. Their graduates get to sit on the bench every day and tell Harvard, Boston College, and Boston University grads, along with the occasional Yale alum, what they can do with their arguments.

Suffolks Tier 3, and for what its worth, when I went out to work with my dad building pools in southern mass, every lawyer I met when I was younger was a well employed Suffolk grad. I've read alot in my googling that indicates Suffolk's rank in the USNWR is due to its complete disregard for placement outside of Massachusetts, and its brutal 2.7 curve.

This is the EXACT same argument you get from everyone that got dinged by DePaul/Kent/Loyola and has to settle for John Marshall in Chicago.

T3 does not mean it is a bad law school. Just means it is a local law school.
Air Force JAG Corps

BethLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 01:42:11 PM »
Campbell University in North Carolina is a T4 but has an amazing reputation in-state. I've worked for and with Campbell graduates and they've always been some of my favorites. Plus, they have one of the best (if not THE best) bar passage rate in North Carolina. They have a relatively new Dean and they just announced that the law school will be relocating to downtown Raleigh starting in the fall 2009. Which is a plus (for me at least) since right now they're in Buies Creek, NC, which is about as rural a campus as you can find. I've heard a few lawyers say that they prefer hiring Campbell grads to Duke grads b/c they know the substantive stuff and they're willing to work harder than most.

Not sure how, or if, the reputation carries outside NC which is the biggest downfall.
Accepted: Campbell($$), Florida State, UNC
Waitlisted:
Rejected:George Mason
Pending:

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2007, 08:04:46 PM »
I've worked for and with Campbell graduates and they've always been some of my favorites.

I was reading that US News plans on making your lay opinion on the quality of a law school based on a handful of lawyers you happen to know a new factor in the rankings. I'm glad you brought this up.
Air Force JAG Corps

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2007, 10:15:47 PM »
I've worked for and with Campbell graduates and they've always been some of my favorites.

I was reading that US News plans on making your lay opinion on the quality of a law school based on a handful of lawyers you happen to know a new factor in the rankings. I'm glad you brought this up.

I LOL'd.