Law School Discussion

The Best 4th tier school

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Re: The Best 4th tier school
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 12:08:01 PM »
SRSLY though, the schools in PR have a deflated ranking because they ignore the LSAT and only require it to appease the ABA.

Presumably b/c everyone speaks spanish there?

While there are plenty of English speakers on Puerto Rico, there aren't as many native speakers. the logic problems on the LSAT are based on the presumption that the person taking the test actually fully understands the wording of the question. They actually require an additional test for admission (EXADEP, I believe).

The PR schools teach law in Spanish. An English-only test doesn't make much sense for their admissions.

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 12:12:28 PM »
Aren't the three law schools in Puerto Rico (Catholic, Inter-American, and Univ of Puerto Rico) not ranked at all by US News?  So they can't be lumped into any tier.  Or does this then make them a T4 by default?

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 12:26:54 PM »
Aren't the three law schools in Puerto Rico (Catholic, Inter-American, and Univ of Puerto Rico) not ranked at all by US News?  So they can't be lumped into any tier.  Or does this then make them a T4 by default?

I was actually just assuming that they were ranked in the 4th Tier. Good catch. I guess unranked = 4th tier, sort of...

They ARE ABA accredited though, right? I always assumed that US News ranked ALL accredited law schools.

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 02:07:06 PM »
They are listed on LSAC, so they are definitely ABA.  If I were fluent in Spanish, I  would rather go to one of the Puerto Rican schools, than Cooley...

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 02:12:01 PM »
Since you are limited to going to Cooley, I take it you basically guessed on the LSAT anyways...I'm sure you could do the same on the test in Spanish to get into Puerto Rico...Then just immerse yourself in the culture....You would have Spanish down by the end of the semester.  Also, since there is a good chance you won't make it at Cooley (according to their retention rates), I think you wouldn't be risking anything by going to Puerto Rico.

;D

I'm just kidding...

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 02:45:11 PM »
LOL Duly noted.

Me cago en la Cooley leche!  Y tambien en la leche de Linda Ronstadt!

cassise

• To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 10:09:13 PM »
and mba program?

Mickey Ward

• A kid from Lowell rises to the bell...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 04:45:58 AM »
Suffolk.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 10:40:18 AM »
I heard you can make decent money in PR, and not necessarily need to know Spanish,...

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 11:49:14 AM »
The Oxymoron School of Law at OnlyFoolingYourself State University.