Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help? FAFSA/Graduate PLUS? I already did this!  (Read 955 times)

CGEsq

• View Profile
Help? FAFSA/Graduate PLUS? I already did this!
« on: July 21, 2007, 06:40:03 PM »
I did my FAFSA, my SAR got sent to my school, and my Staffords are all done and ready to be disbursed in August.  I had inquired about my Graduate PLUS application which was still pending on the Citibank website.  My school said they certified them all together in late July, so fine, I waited.

Now I received an email on my new school account (which I luckily logged into) saying that in order for them to certify, I need to fill out a FAFSA.  Hello?  Of course I did my FAFSA!  In February!  Am I missing something huge here?  Because this financial stuff does go over my head.

I emailed back and said I already did it and that I'd call in on Monday, but I thought I'd ask about this here before sounding like an idiot with the financial aid office.

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Help? FAFSA/Graduate PLUS? I already did this!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 07:35:38 PM »
It sounds like you did everything okay. 

Don't stress too much about it now, financial aid offices tend to be a little overwhelmed during the summer session (they have to have everything taken care of before classes start) and sometimes they send out automated e-mails.  Give them a call on Monday.