Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need help finding a good laptop for law school!  (Read 492 times)

umass22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Need help finding a good laptop for law school!
« on: July 20, 2007, 05:46:12 PM »
I have 1200 or below to spend on a laptop, and I just need it to be very reliable. I won't be playing games on it or anything, i just want it to not be laggy and be a quality reliable machine. I just bought a lenovo 3000 C200 and it's horrible, it has severe quality problems and hardware issues right out of the box so it's going back. Any other brands to reccomend that will be reliable? Reliability is #1 for me, I can't have it crapping out during an exam or anything.

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Need help finding a good laptop for law school!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 05:59:54 PM »
yuck, dont buy the 3000, buy the thinkpad

umass22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 06:05:40 PM »
yuck, dont buy the 3000, buy the thinkpad

well that is what I am looking at now, and they look excellent, EXCEPT that they don't have an S-video output. This is a huge concern for me because i always connect my computer to TV's so I can watch movies. No way would I buy a laptop without an S-video out.  Such a waste, if it wasn't for the lack of s-video out I would have bought it in a second :(

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 06:07:13 PM »
I dont know what model you're looking at, but I have a thinkpad thats about 2 years old and I def. have an SVideo out.

Zenith Electronics Corp.

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BLFGmiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 06:29:09 PM »
on that budget, you should get a thinkpad r60 with a 15.4 inch screen. the t60 is widescreen and its thinner and lighter, but it will cost more for the same performance. the r60 is great as a desktop replacement. if you are going to carry it around often, then it might be a little too heavy.

umass22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 06:50:32 PM »
on that budget, you should get a thinkpad r60 with a 15.4 inch screen. the t60 is widescreen and its thinner and lighter, but it will cost more for the same performance. the r60 is great as a desktop replacement. if you are going to carry it around often, then it might be a little too heavy.
i definately don't need a desktop replacement, this is just a secondary computer for law exams and notes and internet browsing. NEEDS to have S-video out though.

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 08:01:02 PM »
i'd get the thinkpad if your budget is fixed. i went with the sony vaio fz 140e myself it was $1299.00 it's a really nice laptop for the money. i really wanted a mac but couldn't justify the extra expense for the cool apple.
...man, you was who you was before you got here