Law School Discussion

What really is the difference between Cooley and U of Denver?

n/a

• View Profile
Re: What really is the difference between Cooley and U of Denver?
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 03:44:11 AM »
I would think Denver >>>>>> anywhere in Michigan.  Yes?

Nah.  Ann Arbor's pretty COLD, and Denver is surrounded by mountains.

FYP

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 08:00:47 AM »

Nah.  Ann Arbor's pretty nice, and Denver isn't even in the mountains.

Huh?  It is the Mile High City.  So it's high, just not super high.  And you can go to the mountains to go skiing on the weekends 4 or 5 months out of the year. 

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 08:17:30 AM »
I would think Denver >>>>>> anywhere in Michigan. Yes?

Nah. Ann Arbor's pretty nice, and Denver isn't even in the mountains.

Huh? It is the Mile High City. So it's high, just not super high. And you can go to the mountains to go skiing on the weekends 4 or 5 months out of the year.

it didn't seem all that high.

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 09:55:34 AM »
Denver isn't in the mountains, but it's only 30 minutes to an hour away from skiing depending on what part of town you live in.  And just because you're not surrounded by mountains, doesn't mean the view of them isn't gorgeous! 

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 10:56:41 AM »

Nah.  Ann Arbor's pretty nice, and Denver isn't even in the mountains.

Huh?  It is the Mile High City.  So it's high, just not super high.  And you can go to the mountains to go skiing on the weekends 4 or 5 months out of the year. 

Denver is certainly high -- the ground slopes up towards the Mountains.  And it's not far from the mountains.  I'm just saying it's not actually in the mountains.  I don't think you can even see the mountains from the airport, can you?

Boulder is another matter.

Yep, you can see the airport from the mountains... I should know, it's where I work.  Yes, Boulder is right at the foot of the mountains so it's a little more hilly, a little more of the classic picture people think of when they think "At the foot of the mountains".  But it's not like Denver is in Kansas, people!  How the hell did this thread become all about mountains anyways?  When discussing Denver vs. Cooley, I think the fact that Denver is more scenic is the least debatable. :) 

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 12:35:33 PM »
It's all there in the Cooley materials, my friend. 

Oh I see.

Can I ask you a question? Why did you just make something up and post it on the internet? I notice a lot of LSDers do this. It's mildly psychopathic behavior if you think of it. People come here to learn about law schools, so why intentionally misguide them?

Dude, it's in the materials.  It's not that hard to find.  Review it or STFU.

No it's not "dude." You made it up. My question was why? Are you just daft, or do you get off on intentionally misguiding people?

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 02:24:10 PM »
Don't feed the toilets.  If you're not going to t14 or a select few regional schools law school is a bad investment, whether you're planning on Cooley or Denver or anywhere in between.

care to be specific??? just curious.

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 02:30:10 PM »
Don't feed the toilets. If you're not going to t14 or a select few regional schools law school is a bad investment, whether you're planning on Cooley or Denver or anywhere in between.

care to be specific??? just curious.

I still think he should make his own rankings.

Cabra

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 03:03:54 PM »
DU is a regional school. It's tough to get a law job in Colorado if you're not from DU or CU. Both schools have strong alumni networks in Denver and the rest of the mountain region.
If you want to work in the mountains and you can't get into HYS, go to law school in Colorado and do well.

Cooley...
it's great to say that the people get jobs out of Cooley make 77% of what a DU grad gets, but far fewer are employed and only 55% pass the bar.