Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: transcript and Ontario schools  (Read 1217 times)

Beurre

• Sr. Citizen
  • coming soon,,
    • View Profile
transcript and Ontario schools
« on: July 19, 2007, 03:07:02 PM »
hey those who applying Canadian schools,
I just wanted to send out my transcripts to OUAC thing now, but wasn't able to find much information on how application process works. I browsed through their website but I am not sure if I am looking at the right thing here...

How do you send your transcripts to OUAC and where to?
Is everything on OUAC website?
Also, what's going on with LORs? Is the form on school website, or on OUAC website?

help needed in terms of applying Ontario law schools,...
Thanks

MorningStar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: transcript and Ontario schools
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 04:55:43 PM »
I don't think you can start sending things in yet for the coming cycle.  Give them a call to find out when they will begin allowing people to register and send in materials for the 2007/2008 applications.

papercranes

• Sr. Citizen
  • Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 12:25:05 AM »
it's OLSAS not OUAC (which is for UG).
google it for hte website.
Can't even register until August.

HTH
university of southern california 2011

caveman924

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 01:45:28 AM »
Well if we're going to split hairs OLSAS is a division of OUAC ;D

In regards to transcripts if I am not mistaken when you fill out your application they ask you where you went for undergrad, if it was in Ontario I am pretty sure they make the request for your transcript for you. Other schools outside of Ontario I am not sure of. In regards to LORs again if it didn't change they ask you who you will use to write your LORs, you enter their info and then you print a form which you must give to your referrer. They will then mail that form back to OLSAS.

From what I see here you can't apply until August anyways. But when they open up the application website, it should be pretty self-explanatory, whatever isn't call them up they are pretty helpful. However don't leave your application until the last minute as the longer you wait the longer it takes to fill out the application online do to an overload of people on their servers, and the longer it will take to speak to someone on the phone.

Beurre

• Sr. Citizen
  • coming soon,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 03:15:44 PM »
thank you very much, Caveman924  8)