Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: resume question  (Read 1452 times)

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
Re: resume question
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 04:49:12 PM »
I don't have anything that pertains to law school on my resume (I'm coming from a scientific research background), and I was told by admissions people that it doesn't matter.  Just include what you did that was impressive, no matter what it pertains to.  Also, if you're going to go over a page, use two full pages, rather than a page and a half or so. 

ok cool, i'll stick with my one pager, thanks everybody.

You may want to stick with the two-pager and show it to career services to see what they suggest. I know my career services cut mine down for me into one page instead of me having to do it myself when I had no idea what was important.

yeah i still have the full two pager, i was planning on taking both copies to career services to see what they suggest. i just figured if i get it down to one page now it'll be easier to finalize later.
...man, you was who you was before you got here

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: resume question
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 04:56:05 PM »
I don't have anything that pertains to law school on my resume (I'm coming from a scientific research background), and I was told by admissions people that it doesn't matter.  Just include what you did that was impressive, no matter what it pertains to.  Also, if you're going to go over a page, use two full pages, rather than a page and a half or so. 

ok cool, i'll stick with my one pager, thanks everybody.

You may want to stick with the two-pager and show it to career services to see what they suggest. I know my career services cut mine down for me into one page instead of me having to do it myself when I had no idea what was important.

yeah i still have the full two pager, i was planning on taking both copies to career services to see what they suggest. i just figured if i get it down to one page now it'll be easier to finalize later.

For me they clumped similar positions together and had about a one sentence description (for the less recent positions)