Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hofstra PT or Southwestern PT  (Read 310 times)

nyy06

• View Profile
Hofstra PT or Southwestern PT
« on: July 19, 2007, 10:48:21 AM »
I am having trouble deciding on which school to attend...and need advice fast!
I just received a call from SW saying I got accepted to their PT program and that I have one day to decide.  I know the basic question is where do I want to end up working, but I don't think it's that easy.  I really like both schools, visited both, and enjoyed the atmosphere at both.  I feel that Hofstra is in competition with the other NYC city schools, all of which have a leg up on Hofstra.  So, even considering the bigger market, it is going to be difficult to find a good job in NYC.  But, NY is NY and does have many more firms to apply to. 
Now, SWlaw has a solid reputation in LA even for a tier3.  The job market there isn't as fierce or as big as NY so I feel I can obtain a better job out there (just my opinion).  Choosing SW means I would have to make a complete move, buy a car, apt, etc which means more money over Hofstra where I would be commuting from home. 
In terms of quality of school, they are similar.  But which is better in its respectful area?  Also, which school will give me the best opportunity to land a great job hopefully in a mid to big firm?  Any advice would be extremely helpful at this point...thanks     

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
Re: Hofstra PT or Southwestern PT
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:28:38 AM »
They are similar in their stature.  I'd pick the one that you will save more money at because both are very competitive markets.

nyy06

• View Profile
Re: Hofstra PT or Southwestern PT
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 03:18:32 PM »
thanks for all the input...it's still hard, but i see what others think