Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 25 and starting Undergrad.  (Read 3529 times)

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
Re: 25 and starting Undergrad.
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 11:14:27 AM »
My mom graduated LS when she was about 40, she has had no problems yet...well, except for her old age memory loss :P
The University of San Diego c/o 2011.

http://themeaningofmadness.blogspot.com/

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 02:28:16 PM »
go for it. god im must be getting old. the fact that you put "too old" in front of 25 for anything is unsettling  :)
...man, you was who you was before you got here

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 11:46:17 PM »
I'm 29 and will be 30 when I enter law school, and I am married with 3 children.

One of my best friends just graduated from law school. She is 30 and has 2 kids, so it can be done.

I think you are fine! Best to you!
Here we go again!
Yes:
No: Jones
WL: Mercer
Pending: GSU,UGA,Bama,Samford

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 03:09:48 PM »
I'll be 38 when I start.  I have been told by many here at the firm that I am young, since several of the lawyers here were hired near 50.  You could wait ten years to start and you would still be fine.  It's the same for you as for anyone else--get good grades and the opportunities will be there.

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

newmama

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 07:27:37 AM »
OK, I'm 29 with a 6 month old and I'm technically a junior in college. I would like to pursue law school when I'm done. Now, luckilly, the school I'm going to go to for UG offers a pre-law program that can be completed online or in the classroom or a conbo of both. I;m going for the combo in the interest of saving a little time but if that wasn't offered then I'd take classes as I could and not worry about how long it will take. I'm hoping to attend the law school near me which offers a part time program...who knows how old I will be by the time I'm done!! But, to me it's not a race, it's about fulfilling a dream and proving to myself that I can do it.

So, that being said, I hope 25 isn't too old...

OperaAttorney

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freude, Königin der Weise!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 09:54:05 PM »
My buddy graduated from UCSD with a B.Sc. in Bioengineering at 35.  He rocked the LSAT, obtaining acceptances from Boalt & GWU. He chose Boalt and graduated at 38.

Work hard and you'll do just fine.
"I don't believe in the word 'impossible,' because the One in whom I believe can do the impossible." - Me

lifft

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 07:28:28 PM »
Just thought I'd put my two cents in to let the original poster know she is not alone.  I am 29 and a college sophomore, with the goal of going to law school after my bachelor's degree is completed.

I was prepared to complete my education while working full time and taking care of two kids, 3 dogs and a husband.

Last week my position at the title company I worked for was eliminated. So, I am taking it as a sign/blessing in disguise and will be going back to school in 2 weeks, provided financial aid cooperates.

Everyone has their own challenges, but we can do whatever we set our minds to.

My pep rally for the day is now complete.

topdogpro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 05:57:05 PM »
I'll be 29 when I start law school next fall.  I'm feeling pretty good about it.  It won't be a problem.

andy1990

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 01:27:13 AM »
Starting law school at 39. Have 3 children, ages 1,2, and 8yrs. 3 dogs, 1 husband, oh and best of all,spina bifida,hydrocephalus and newly diagnosed MS,if I can do it, anyone can. Good Luck