Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: child support  (Read 10326 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: child support
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2007, 01:09:33 PM »
jarhead..sounds like i pegged her # right from the beginning.. lol she's trifling.. and that goes back to my point on not just siding with a woman just because I'm a woman... if u're wrong you're wrong.. and a lot of women use their children (more specifically boys) as pawns with their ex-boyfriends or ex husbands..

it rarely is what it is.  in the hypothetical I agree that provided someone is getting all the material support owed, there should be no reason to compel support, but there is no guarantee that the system that works now will always work--nor do I imagine does it necessarily feel empowering to be picking up cash and having to provide bills and receipts through a middle woman who you may or may not like.  heck if we're being real here it would be nice if homeboy had joint custody, then child support probably wouldn't even be an issue.

first it's not a hypothetical it's a real incident i'm talking about a real dude, a real child and a real woman. i disagree things are always what they are. if you're trying to say that there is more to the issue of why she would file for child support than yes there is, they broke up, he moved on, met a woman he fell in love with and married her. so now the ex is mad and tries to make his life miserable by using the child as a pawn. he has filed for joint custody by the way. i'm not making light of the child support issue i know there are dudes out there who think they're responsibility ends once they n-t but he's not one of those. he's a stand up dude who takes care of his responsibilities. too many women hold onto stuff long after they should let it go. the relationship didn't work out. if she spent all the time and energy that uses to try and make his life miserable on finding a successful relationship for herself she might not be so bitter.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2007, 01:12:53 PM »
jarhead..sounds like i pegged her # right from the beginning.. lol she's trifling.. and that goes back to my point on not just siding with a woman just because I'm a woman... if u're wrong you're wrong.. and a lot of women use their children (more specifically boys) as pawns with their ex-boyfriends or ex husbands..

it rarely is what it is.  in the hypothetical I agree that provided someone is getting all the material support owed, there should be no reason to compel support, but there is no guarantee that the system that works now will always work--nor do I imagine does it necessarily feel empowering to be picking up cash and having to provide bills and receipts through a middle woman who you may or may not like.  heck if we're being real here it would be nice if homeboy had joint custody, then child support probably wouldn't even be an issue.

first it's not a hypothetical it's a real incident i'm talking about a real dude, a real child and a real woman. i disagree things are always what they are. if you're trying to say that there is more to the issue of why she would file for child support than yes there is, they broke up, he moved on, met a woman he fell in love with and married her. so now the ex is mad and tries to make his life miserable by using the child as a pawn. he has filed for joint custody by the way. i'm not making light of the child support issue i know there are dudes out there who think they're responsibility ends once they n-t but he's not one of those. he's a stand up dude who takes care of his responsibilities. too many women hold onto stuff long after they should let it go. the relationship didn't work out. if she spent all the time and energy that uses to try and make his life miserable on finding a successful relationship for herself she might not be so bitter.

basically some women take the female solidarity thing too far.
...man, you was who you was before you got here

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2007, 01:18:59 PM »
most women would act just like ol girl did though. shady ass bastards.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2007, 01:25:26 PM »
I don't think it is female solidarity to take everything jarhead says with a huge grain of salt.  I think thats just common sense.  if the gender roles were switched I'd still remain dubious about the whole situation.  I give custodial parents more slack.  I'm glad your friend filed for joint custody--but looks like they are both going to have to learn to civilly communicate with each other.

most women would act just like ol girl did though.

:D probably.

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2007, 01:40:17 PM »
take it with a grain of salt or not...she's wrong. here's some more salt. he was single, he had a job that kept him traveling for 6,9-12 months at a time so it didn't make much sense for him to file for j custody because the boy would've been with the mother for 2/3 of the year anyway. he's been promoted doesn't have to travel anymore and is married now so he's filing for joint custody now that it makes sense to do so.
...man, you was who you was before you got here

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2007, 01:41:22 PM »
My only comment:

Their are three sides to every story, your side, my side and the truth.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2007, 02:36:08 PM »
My only comment:

Their are three sides to every story, your side, my side and the truth.

cute

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2007, 02:59:10 PM »
I'M SOOO UPSET THAT I'M GONNA TYPE THIS IN ALL CAPS!!!!!

HOW IN THE WORLD ARE Y'ALL DISRESPECTING CHICKENS BY ASSOCIATING THEM WITH TRIFLIN WOMEN. CHICKENS HAVE BEEN SOOOOO GOOD TO US AS A PEOPLE FOR COUNTLESS YEARS AND THE ONLY THANKS THEY GET IS ATTACHING THEIR NAMES TO TRIFLIN WOMEN? "CHICKEN HEADS"? >:(

COME ON PEOPLE WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS.

****This message approved by the NAACP
National Association for the Advancement of Cooked Poultry***

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2007, 03:01:36 PM »
kinda funny. very corny. I'm conflicted.  :-\

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2007, 03:06:07 PM »
kinda funny. very corny. I'm conflicted.  :-\

That's how my comedy is...my *&^% so corny that it goes through a time-space continuum and comes back around the other side as slightly funny. True story.