Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: child support  (Read 10429 times)

LadyKD

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: child support
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 07:19:48 PM »
Okay not that I am a big promoter of books but I have one that I read and recommend highly to all single parents(men and women). It is called Single Mamahood Advice and Wisdom for the African-American Single Mother. The author is Kelly Williams and I am sure Blk-reign would be proud because she is out of Chi-town.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 07:21:12 PM »
As for the cutting up part...I swear. He had no problem with her cutting up when he was trying to get his cut. So he needs to man up because he is stuck with her cutting up for life. Not until the kid is 18 or out of college but life. So if she is showing her tail now she will be showing it down the line. Graduations, sports outings, etc. That is a excuse.

but despite her cutting up--he was doing his thing, giving money, lots of money, without being ORDERED to like many men out there.  she was probably just mad he wasn't dealing directly with her, which he shouldn't need to.  that was his way of keeping things civil btwn them for the kids most likely.  what was wrong with that? i don't see that he did anything wrong in this situation.  had he not being doing what he was supposed to do from jump--or if he just started slacking and stuff, i'd be cool with her taking him to court. in this situation, i just dont agree with homegirl
Columbia 3L

LadyKD

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 07:26:51 PM »
I didnt say I agree with her methods but I think she should have taken him to court from the begining. There are alot of things single parents do that are unnecessary which causes more harm to their children.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 07:27:25 PM »
If he had stopped later, she could have sued him then.  There was no need to sue now.  Or am I wrong?

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 07:30:33 PM »
eh, personally, if the dad is someone who is responsible and doing what he should do w/o me getting vexed, them imma let him rock and wouldn't take him to court until he proved otherwise

If he had stopped later, she could have sued him then.  There was no need to sue now.  Or am I wrong?

ita
Columbia 3L

LadyKD

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 07:37:53 PM »
How civil is it for him to not even be able to communicate with her or she with him? What happens when there is a situation health related that he has to communicate with her, what does he do talk with her through a hospital spokeperson. I mean the idea is just stupid. Children are not bargaining chips and there is more to being a parent than dropping off a check at the end of the week. An what about parent teacher conferences?

Hello, Ms. Jones this is my mom Tabitha and my dad 1st Friday of the month.

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
As for the cutting up part...I swear. He had no problem with her cutting up when he was trying to get his cut. So he needs to man up because he is stuck with her cutting up for life. Not until the kid is 18 or out of college but life. So if she is showing her tail now she will be showing it down the line. Graduations, sports outings, etc. That is a excuse.

damn i went to the store for 5 minutes. "cutting up" = they can't have a civilized conversation because she constantly wants to argue. simple things like: him "what time should i pick him up?" her "what time have you been picking him up all of a sudden now you don't know what time" him "well you said they had a long practice this week so what time will they be done", her "what difference does it make if practice is long if you get there the same time you'll be there"...the women is mad because he's remarried and happy. when he was with her she had all these problems he wasn't this and that etc. etc. dogging him out to her hater girlfriends etc. etc. as for him deciding to quit paying one day, he's been paying all this time why would he stop the boy is 8 they were together for 1 year after he was born. the dude loves his son but his view is you took me to court to get x amount so that's what i'm giving you. when the boy is with him he gets him whatever but they stay at the house with him and his wife.
...man, you was who you was before you got here

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 07:44:30 PM »
How civil is it for him to not even be able to communicate with her or she with him? What happens when there is a situation health related that he has to communicate with her, what does he do talk with her through a hospital spokeperson. I mean the idea is just stupid. Children are not bargaining chips and there is more to being a parent than dropping off a check at the end of the week. An what about parent teacher conferences?

Hello, Ms. Jones this is my mom Tabitha and my dad 1st Friday of the month.

not talking because of exchanging money is not wrong. no one said that they shouldnt talk when  a child is sick or maybe has to have a PTA meeting or whatnot.

and you say children are not bargaining chips--it seems like homegirl took him to court in the guise of child support to @#!* with him.  that's not cool in the least
Columbia 3L

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »
KD, i do agree that he shouldn't just do what the court says but if he continues to do extra she can take him back to court and say judge look at all this stuff he can afford this now. he's not trying to be like Puffy in court every other week. i just don't think you should be taking somebody to court if they're already doing what they're supposed to do. for one thing your clogging up the courts for somebody who really needs that money enforced. to make it worse now she's complaining she can't buy her son this and that because he doesn't give her enough money. he's trying to make her look bad because daddy buys all the toy's etc. she didn't have that problem before she took him to court.
...man, you was who you was before you got here

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 07:53:36 PM »
KD, i do agree that he shouldn't just do what the court says but if he continues to do extra she can take him back to court and say judge look at all this stuff he can afford this now. he's not trying to be like Puffy in court every other week. i just don't think you should be taking somebody to court if they're already doing what they're supposed to do. for one thing your clogging up the courts for somebody who really needs that money enforced. to make it worse now she's complaining she can't buy her son this and that because he doesn't give her enough money. he's trying to make her look bad because daddy buys all the toy's etc. she didn't have that problem before she took him to court.

shes a bird...too bad he didn't stay away from her.
agree with this, especially the bolded portions
Columbia 3L