Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Much Higher/Lower is Your Actual LSAT Score Compare to Practice Scores?  (Read 3249 times)

DOWNY

Re: How Much Higher/Lower is Your Actual LSAT Score Compare to Practice Scores?
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2004, 01:37:49 AM »
My practice test average was a 130 and my actual LSAT was a 122. I told Cooley and they asked me to "swear" that I was telling the truth. I said I was. They admitted me, and now I am in the 75% of all Cooley students with my 130 practice LSAT score. DOWNY loves Cooley. DOWNY hates superiorlobe. Superiorlobe, you are a dumbass.

GentleTim

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.45/175
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2004, 02:42:25 AM »
I scored 3 points higher than my best practice test too.  That was mostly due to the relatively small number of AR questions in the June test, though.

GentleTim

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.45/175
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2004, 02:46:18 AM »
So do I (tend to be a good test taker).  Makes me cry.   :'(

RC killed me.  I wish there had been more games section.  I miss games.  I wish I still had some left from TM :)

I feel you on the RC (June 04  :( )...games were always my best section.

Scored five points below my highest, one point below my average.

I think I took your 175, Pookie.  It was the long RC section that gave me the extra points.  Of the 3 full practice tests I took, I got a 166, 169 and 172.  I was just hoping to break 170.

williamgazillion

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2004, 04:47:36 AM »
Maybe this whole thing about scoring lower is due to the fatigue factor (the extra unscored section).  That is, unless you guys usually do 5 sections on your own.  Damn, I don't want a 155.

Tom

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2004, 06:15:04 AM »
I dunno, I think that RC was complain-worthy no matter how you scored.

Unless you're lexy, who thought it wasn't so bad   ::)

Nope.  People with scores higher than mine don't get to complain.  About anything, LSAT related or not.  That's the new rule.  ;)

Okay, complain away.

I'm not going to complain, I still want that picture of you and Lexi celebrating getting into YLS!

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2004, 10:11:48 AM »
Practice low 159  Practice high  168   Practice average of 164 over 18 tests.
Real LSAT.......159  You never can tell.
South Texas College of Law here I come!

lazybum

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2004, 10:28:06 AM »
edit

RockyMtnHighMama

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2004, 10:37:05 AM »
There's a certain amount of randomness involved -> does the actual test present material that hits your strengths or hits your weaknesses?

First practice test utterly cold never seeing this stuff before I got a 171. Lowest practice was 161, and 4 tied for highest at 176. My practice average was 173. My actual was 170. Yeah, I'd a liked to have scored closer to those 4 highests, but considering I only needed a 164, it was overkill, and now I gotta persuade my desired school to take me anyway.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2004, 12:44:54 PM »
So do I (tend to be a good test taker).  Makes me cry.   :'(

RC killed me.  I wish there had been more games section.  I miss games.  I wish I still had some left from TM :)

I feel you on the RC (June 04  :( )...games were always my best section.

Scored five points below my highest, one point below my average.

I think I took your 175, Pookie.  It was the long RC section that gave me the extra points.  Of the 3 full practice tests I took, I got a 166, 169 and 172.  I was just hoping to break 170.

Damn you, give it back!  ;)  Congrats on your score, though :)

Maybe this whole thing about scoring lower is due to the fatigue factor (the extra unscored section). That is, unless you guys usually do 5 sections on your own. Damn, I don't want a 155.

Not for me.  My first section was RC, which was my worst section on the real test (though it usually wasn't on diags).  My last section was games, and I scored perfectly.  I usually did 5 sections on my own.  I broke up a couple diags from TM to spread across the others, so that each one had 5 sections in the end.

i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

GentleTim

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.45/175
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2004, 01:25:07 PM »
Damn you, give it back!  ;)  Congrats on your score, though :)

I would, I think I'll need it.  ;-)

Not for me.  My first section was RC, which was my worst section on the real test (though it usually wasn't on diags).  My last section was games, and I scored perfectly.  I usually did 5 sections on my own.  I broke up a couple diags from TM to spread across the others, so that each one had 5 sections in the end.

My 3rd and 4th sections were both AR, and the first was the diagnostic.  It was always my worst section in practice tests, and only the fact that there were only 22 questions saved me.