Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Targeted letter for recommender's UG alma maters??  (Read 617 times)

futurelawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Targeted letter for recommender's UG alma maters??
« on: July 17, 2007, 11:13:24 PM »
Hello,

I am asking my recommenders to write two letters - one general and once specific to the law school each attended. Both recommenders attended different undergrad schools. I am also by coincidence applying to the law schools where the recommenders earned their undergrad degrees.

Do you think it would also be worthwhile for the recommenders to also write a targeted letter to the schools where they attended undergrad? I am not sure if there will be a benefit... if it makes any difference, the two undergrad schools are very competitive for both undergrad and law (Harvard & Berkeley).

Thank you!!
 ;D
Accepted: Michigan, Northwestern, GULC, UCLA, Vanderbilt, WUSTL ($$$$), Boston University, Boston College ($$$), U Washington, William & Mary ($$), UC Hastings, Temple ($$$$) :)

Deferred: Harvard

Boo!: U Chicago, Berkeley, Yale

Pending: Everything else

sketta

• View Profile
Re: Targeted letter for recommender's UG alma maters??
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 10:25:03 PM »
If your recommenders are willing, I suppose it wouldn't hurt.  However, if I were in your position, I wouldn't feel comfortable asking for that since the advantage, if any, would be negligible.  I don't think it's worth asking them to write a second letter.