Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Patent bar  (Read 899 times)

insomniac

• View Profile
    • Email
Patent bar
« on: July 16, 2007, 06:01:58 AM »
Seems like there are a bunch of science types planning to return to school.
If any of you are interested in IP law, have you taken or are you planning to take the patent bar before school?
Any scuttlebut about it would be welcome- how is the test, how to study, how on earth do you get hold of course catalogs from 15 years ago for the application....

insomniac

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Patent bar
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 01:33:28 AM »
I feel your pain. I will be applying under category C and the application almost seems more stressful than the studying...Did you have any problems getting the old course descriptions (mine date back to 89)?

insomniac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 09:12:31 AM »
I'm sure you're right, though I have not found my registrar terrifically responsive in either old or recent dealings. But, I'm sure I'm not the first with the request, so there must be an established procedure.
I do know their online stuff only goes back to 2003. Must say, applying is MUCH more convenient than the last time I went through (back in the stone ages)...centralized databases are nifty.

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 11:10:21 AM »
I started studying with the PLI course at the beginning of the year hoping to know the test out before I started school in the fall, then a couple weeks ago I decided to just wait until after I graduate. O well.

The registration form is confusing as heck, and I am category A...
The University of San Diego c/o 2011.

http://themeaningofmadness.blogspot.com/

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 12:16:42 PM »
<-- starting LS this fall.

To OP: I sat in on a PLI info session and decided that I wanted to use the course to prepare.  The pricetag also led me to decide to take in the summer after 1L so that I can better plan for the time and expense.