Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Specific Areas of Study  (Read 4636 times)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Specific Areas of Study
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2007, 05:28:34 PM »
Not really.  I also went to undergrad in ATL.  Loved the city.  Miss it dearly, especially when I'm at school.  Favorite restaurants? (about to head to happy hour, so I'll catch you a bit later)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2007, 10:05:18 PM »
 :D hilarious

I thought I wanted to be an appellate litigator, or a trial litigator. Now I don't even wanna' take the bar let alone practice.

i focused on international law in ls.. after a couple of life changing experiences.. i opted to practice real estate law as well as estate planning..

now i've sort of given the law the finger ;) and have opted to get my EdD.. i have a background in education however so it's something that i knew would happen @ one point or another.. and i have an aspiration to become the president of a university within the next 10-15 yrs
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2007, 10:07:49 PM »
 :D :D :D

lol what she say?

Raccing as usual.

OSA, I saw you!

HAHA I peeped his comment too!

OSA is a she.  On TV, she would be played by Aunt Esther.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2007, 09:37:55 AM »
I've gone into LS aiming for academia with a specific focus on sexuality and the law.  I definitely don't expect to change my mind, but we'll see if my grades change it for me.

I don't expect you to change your mind either  ;) :-*
Columbia 3L

Zenith Electronics Corp.

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BLFGmiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2007, 09:39:25 AM »
this thread is approved.

SKW

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2007, 10:06:05 AM »
When lawyers that I know find out that I will be attending law school this fall I'm immediately asked what specific area of law I want to study (Answer: Intellectual Property, Media and Information Law).

I don't expect to change my mind at all either. I've been focused on Media and Communications since I was in high school and I interned and have been working for a major producer of news and entertainment television for the last 2.5 years. I love the entertainment industry...I couldn't possibly be happy working in another area.  :)
How they caught Statistic:

Chicken Bones Lead to Burglary Suspect

FrankWhite

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2007, 10:06:18 AM »
Ummm.... I want to work in the Justice Department tackling the big cases. Thats all I know lol
Emory Law Class of 2010

SKW

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2007, 10:21:26 AM »
Not really.  I also went to undergrad in ATL.  Loved the city.  Miss it dearly, especially when I'm at school.  Favorite restaurants? (about to head to happy hour, so I'll catch you a bit later)

What school did you attend?
ATL restaurants that I love...Definitely Loca Luna. Tapas, frozen margaritas, and dancing! What more can a girl want!

I also very much love Blue Pointe, Emeril's, and Oceannaire. What about you?

How was happy hour? Myself, I went to this House of Courvoisier Film Screening and Party (now I'm dead tired). It was FUN!

I don't know what city everyone lives in but there are still events going on. You can sign up here: http://www.thehouseofcv.com/ I highly recommend the "Tropic" drink.  :D
How they caught Statistic:

Chicken Bones Lead to Burglary Suspect

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2007, 10:30:28 AM »
Loca Luna is fun.  BluePointe is also good.  My faves are Pano and Paul's, Tamarind Thai, Noche, Figo, Canoe, Murphy's, Wisteria, and...Willy's ;).

Happy hour was good...DC has lots of good ones.  Glad you had fun :).

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2007, 12:57:42 PM »
I've gone into LS aiming for academia with a specific focus on sexuality and the law.  I definitely don't expect to change my mind, but we'll see if my grades change it for me.

thats cool. :)
Look to the left -- Look to the right