Law School Discussion

Specific Areas of Study

A.

• View Profile
Re: Specific Areas of Study
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2007, 03:28:34 PM »
Not really.  I also went to undergrad in ATL.  Loved the city.  Miss it dearly, especially when I'm at school.  Favorite restaurants? (about to head to happy hour, so I'll catch you a bit later)

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2007, 08:05:18 PM »
 :D hilarious

I thought I wanted to be an appellate litigator, or a trial litigator. Now I don't even wanna' take the bar let alone practice.

i focused on international law in ls.. after a couple of life changing experiences.. i opted to practice real estate law as well as estate planning..

now i've sort of given the law the finger ;) and have opted to get my EdD.. i have a background in education however so it's something that i knew would happen @ one point or another.. and i have an aspiration to become the president of a university within the next 10-15 yrs

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2007, 08:07:49 PM »
 :D :D :D

lol what she say?

Raccing as usual.

OSA, I saw you!

HAHA I peeped his comment too!

OSA is a she.  On TV, she would be played by Aunt Esther.

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2007, 07:37:55 AM »
I've gone into LS aiming for academia with a specific focus on sexuality and the law.  I definitely don't expect to change my mind, but we'll see if my grades change it for me.

I don't expect you to change your mind either  ;) :-*

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2007, 07:39:25 AM »
this thread is approved.

SKW

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2007, 08:06:05 AM »
When lawyers that I know find out that I will be attending law school this fall I'm immediately asked what specific area of law I want to study (Answer: Intellectual Property, Media and Information Law).

I don't expect to change my mind at all either. I've been focused on Media and Communications since I was in high school and I interned and have been working for a major producer of news and entertainment television for the last 2.5 years. I love the entertainment industry...I couldn't possibly be happy working in another area.  :)

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2007, 08:06:18 AM »
Ummm.... I want to work in the Justice Department tackling the big cases. Thats all I know lol

SKW

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2007, 08:21:26 AM »
Not really.  I also went to undergrad in ATL.  Loved the city.  Miss it dearly, especially when I'm at school.  Favorite restaurants? (about to head to happy hour, so I'll catch you a bit later)

What school did you attend?
ATL restaurants that I love...Definitely Loca Luna. Tapas, frozen margaritas, and dancing! What more can a girl want!

I also very much love Blue Pointe, Emeril's, and Oceannaire. What about you?

How was happy hour? Myself, I went to this House of Courvoisier Film Screening and Party (now I'm dead tired). It was FUN!

I don't know what city everyone lives in but there are still events going on. You can sign up here: http://www.thehouseofcv.com/ I highly recommend the "Tropic" drink.  :D

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2007, 08:30:28 AM »
Loca Luna is fun.  BluePointe is also good.  My faves are Pano and Paul's, Tamarind Thai, Noche, Figo, Canoe, Murphy's, Wisteria, and...Willy's ;).

Happy hour was good...DC has lots of good ones.  Glad you had fun :).

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2007, 10:57:42 AM »
I've gone into LS aiming for academia with a specific focus on sexuality and the law.  I definitely don't expect to change my mind, but we'll see if my grades change it for me.

thats cool. :)