Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: hamas: considerably more reasonable than israel/the US  (Read 2621 times)

rhombot

• Sr. Citizen
  • hanthala
    • View Profile
hamas: considerably more reasonable than israel/the US
« on: July 14, 2007, 08:30:06 AM »
mousa abu marzook lays out hamas's positions on israel, fatah and al-qaeda in the LA times.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-marzook10jul10,1,6983951.story?ctrack=1&cset=true
case '09

yourlocalsuperhero

• View Profile
Re: hamas: considerably more reasonable than israel/the US
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 11:38:17 AM »
Eat sh*t and die, terrorist.
I hope this is a 'clever' rebuke of the Israeli/US approach.
Why is everyone so quiet?  Is this the democracy you wanted? (Subcomandante Marcos)

yourlocalsuperhero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 12:56:18 PM »
Eat sh*t and die, terrorist.
I hope this is a 'clever' rebuke of the Israeli/US approach.

Here's how this work: I'm going to have money to support my point of view.  OP will have lungs.  I will win.  OP will eat sh*t and die.
Your "point of view" reads to be a very well-reasoned way to ensure justice and peace for everyone involved ... You have already interned in the Knesset, then?
Why is everyone so quiet?  Is this the democracy you wanted? (Subcomandante Marcos)

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 01:07:22 PM »
The consistent inability of LSD to talk intelligently about this one topic amazes me.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

rhombot

• Sr. Citizen
  • hanthala
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 05:08:39 PM »
Eat *&^% and die, terrorist.

i'd prefer not, fascist terrorist loser.
case '09

yourlocalsuperhero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 07:24:22 PM »
Anybody who understands the enemy realizes there are only two outcomes.

One involves a genocide with people pushed into the sea.  The other involves people moved across a river.
Palestinians and Israelis deserve to have their human rights and national interests met.  Shamefully, the racism and smug arrogance motivating a thought process like this is liable to not only make the most "understanding" war criminals from terrible conflicts, including World War II Germany, blush, for, if believed by people with influence, it retards any significant progress towards peace. 

While the intent of my reply is to identify the sheer cowardice of waitlsited, I do want to shed light on additional -- and far more desirable -- outcomes, as (s?)he suggests that genocide and forced relocation are all there is. 

1:  Most serious policy makers have worked out how to establish two viable states, based on pre-1967 borders.  This will require immediate dismantling of settler infrastructure in the Occupied Territories, equivalent international aide, guaranteed civilian security and a right of return, and fulfillment of everyone's human rights, as codified in the International Declaration of Human Rights. 

2:  Of course, there are multitudinous variations on how to achieve peace. Another well-analyzed pathway is for a unified, secular state to guarantee equal rights and opportunities to all of its citizens. 

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 09:30:53 PM »
From the introduction to that piece, I find this to really trivialize and misunderstand Nazism and the Holocaust:

"We live in frightening times so reminiscent of the 1930s, and only constant candor from others will stop the insanity of people like you, however difficult that can be sometimes."

We've argued about binational solutions before.  If all you plan to do is quote the Wieseltier column, there's not much to discuss.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 09:59:26 PM »
Long and short of it: binational state will lead to Serbia/Kosovo situation.  End of story.  Anybody who disagrees is naive, stupid, or scheming.

I'll let you be the judge of which.

I don't see how this is more instable than the version of Greater Israel at work now, but I'm not interested in jumping over the hurdles with you today.  Nonetheless, I urge you to find a better way to talk about this.  

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 10:05:38 PM »
My opinions are pretty damned entrenched.  I plan to talk with my wallet when it's big enough.

But other people's aren't.  You could probably get thoughtful and curious people to listen to you every once in a while if you didn't call them terrorists and wish death upon them.  It's really disgusting.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 10:11:35 PM »
Anyway, I understand the social determinism arguments about the youth bulge.  My point is merely that a youth bulge in occupied, impoverished-by-design territories, of a population with severely limited political rights, doesn't sound more stable to me than a federal solution.  But whatever.  I'm out.