Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: experience at howard for a white student? (in NO way meant as racist thread)  (Read 3237 times)

Julee Fern

• Sr. Citizen
  • be cheerleader for al qaeda and osama!
    • View Profile
I am going to answer your question based on the title of your thread; and not the content of your post-which, quite frankly, is all over the place.

"experience at howard for a white student? (in NO way meant as racist thread)"

In general terms, your experience as a white person at Howard should be very good.  What constantly amazes me at black colleges, in general, are how courteous black students are to the white student minority.  Some even make an effort to include the few whites into the group.  I will leave the reasoning for this to the sociologist/social experts.  But, trust me when I tell you that white students are treated WELL at HBU.

I've heard the opposite, actually, and I've seen plenty of instances of racism by POC against whites.  Generally, there appears to be as much racism in the POC community generally as in the white community. 

However, the best people to ask are obviously whites at those schools.  If TM is white, then he presumably has at least one worthwhile viewpoint.
goooooo al qaeda!  gooooooo bin laden!  go, go, osama bin laden!

never mind all people you killing senselessly--that just more that silly conservative thinking.  what important is scooter libby and cheney's former employers.  beeeeeeee substantive!

Julee Fern

• Sr. Citizen
  • be cheerleader for al qaeda and osama!
    • View Profile
please pardon the long post, but this is a big thought. i'm intrigued by howard.  (28 years old, white female, graduating undergrad may 08).
I bet you are! ;D

I guess she could be lying, but why?
goooooo al qaeda!  gooooooo bin laden!  go, go, osama bin laden!

never mind all people you killing senselessly--that just more that silly conservative thinking.  what important is scooter libby and cheney's former employers.  beeeeeeee substantive!

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
and this post has ceased to be even remotely relevent. i'm gonna say flame. or just ignorant. or something.

she's going to ask the nice black lady?

POC are just as racist to white people?

Uh huh.

Ok.

Law school is looking funner and funner all the time.
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid

Tony Montana

• Sr. Citizen
  • Strength and honor
    • View Profile

Lol, yeah...She does have a few issues with race.  But, then again, considering the abysmal job this country has done with racial relations, I'm not surprised. 

As opposed to any other country.  I hear Sudan has it all worked out pretty well.   ::)

Lol! The female dog is back.  You seemed to have abandoned your third person caveman speak! 

Consuetudo pro lege servatur...Corruptisima re publica plurimae leges.

Amy Winehouse

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rehab is for quitters.
    • View Profile

Lol, yeah...She does have a few issues with race.  But, then again, considering the abysmal job this country has done with racial relations, I'm not surprised. 

As opposed to any other country.  I hear Sudan has it all worked out pretty well.   ::)

Lol! The female dog is back.  You seemed to have abandoned your third person caveman speak!  

Different J. Fern.  Julee v. Julie...maybe we'll learn about this landmark case one day.
Columbia Law School 2010

Tony Montana

• Sr. Citizen
  • Strength and honor
    • View Profile
When I went to Howard, mind you I was an 18-year-old freshman among 18-year-old freshman, there was a white female that lived in my complex. I specifically remember people always asking her why she chose Howard (a somewhat rude question). She said she grew up with black foster siblings and added she felt comfortable there.

And when you compare that to some of the crap some minority students have gone through/is going through in PWIs, it ends up looking pretty trivial.

Anyway I agree with honeyhush...this thread feels like flame bait...Get a life people.

Tony Montana

• Sr. Citizen
  • Strength and honor
    • View Profile

Different J. Fern.  Julee v. Julie...maybe we'll learn about this landmark case one day.

Lol...  The difference between feminine hygiene product bag A and feminine hygiene product bag B.  Wouldn't waste my time figuring out the subtle differences.

Amy Winehouse

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rehab is for quitters.
    • View Profile

Lol...  The difference between feminine hygiene product bag A and feminine hygiene product bag B.  Wouldn't waste my time figuring out the subtle differences.

I think that one lonely, lonely man is the source behind both personas.  He was raised Republican but discovered the DP is college and is torn between following his heart and saving his trust fund...
Columbia Law School 2010

Zoologist

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: experience at howard for a white student? (in NO way meant as racist thread)
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 11:49:53 PM »
Interesting thread. I'm a white male with intentions to apply to Howard once I finish my undergraduate degree.