Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do you like to study?  (Read 689 times)

EZboy

• View Profile
How do you like to study?
« on: July 13, 2007, 11:15:36 PM »
I like to study for the LSAT late at night when the house is quiet, in my room, with a white tank top and some shorts, a cup of coffee, with my desk lamp facing northeast, two mechanical pencils, a black pen, a red pen, and the air conditioning between 70-75 degrees F, with all my practice tests sitting on my right, and the radio at 85.2FM, even though its not turned on. 

Am I studying correctly?  What's the best way to improve? If you scored 170+, what did your desk look like? Any help and tips would be appreciated.

LizPendens™

• LSD Obsessed
  • The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: How do you like to study?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 11:47:32 PM »

naked.
There foam'd rebellious Logic, gagg'd and bound.                           
            -  Charles Dodgson,  "Lewis Carroll"                               
                         "The Game of Logic"

PNym

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 12:24:41 AM »

naked.

In addition to studying naked, I've also found that dancing the tango helps me understand information more quickly and retain information more comprehensively and accurately as well. For some reason, the adrenaline released by nude tangoing increases my thinking speed and accuracy. Since it's hard to hold a book when you're holding onto a dance partner, you may want to hire someone to read you the questions and answer choices while you glide around the room.

Islander59

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 01:15:33 AM »
study in different place/venues... make sure you can answer the questions regardless of the environment (to some extent)
Bench: 225 x 26, 4.74 40yrds
NFL or Law School? probably Law School since i've never played football before

Longest Cycle Ever.

Julee Fern

• Sr. Citizen
  • be cheerleader for al qaeda and osama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 02:59:43 AM »
Naked obviously, but also with a webcam hooked up to my computer, broadcasting myself to the universe.
goooooo al qaeda!  gooooooo bin laden!  go, go, osama bin laden!

never mind all people you killing senselessly--that just more that silly conservative thinking.  what important is scooter libby and cheney's former employers.  beeeeeeee substantive!

PNym

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 05:14:03 AM »
You should petition LSAC for special accommodations.  Get it granted with a reader and you will have a room to yourself and it should all work out perfectly.  :D

I'll be certain to let them know that my Buddhist master mentioned that I'm actually the reincarnation of Oliver Wendell Holmes, so granting me special accomodations so that I score well and get into a top-notch law school is in the interest of advancing American jurisprudence.

«ě»

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 05:33:20 AM »
I'm not so dim I don't get the joke in this, but I studied in rather crowded/loud places, and to some degree I think that helped make me focus more on the texts and be less sensitive to outside disturbances during the test.