Law School Discussion

How many hours a week do you study?

saradsun

• Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How many hours a week do you study?
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 01:08:31 PM »
I'm shooting for 12-15 hours/week. I've got about 8 hours in since Monday.

Majmun

• Now Featuring Excess Whiteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 06:18:16 PM »
Yo Prison Mike!

I went to Mexico for a week and drank every single day.  I took about 4 tests, untimed, one section at a time over the course of the week.  I graded each section as they were completed so I could compare what the rationale I used when coming to incorrect conclusions with the rationale behind the correct answers.  I used a book published (I think) by LSAC.  It had 10 tests + answers but no explanations or anything.  It was helpful for me because I was able to see patterns behind questions that I wouldn't have been able to see had I just used formulas or diagramming...none of that nonsense for me! 

How'd I do?  Rather well-174.  It worked for me, but I don't think my habits would work for everyone. 

Other than the mexico and the alcohol...that's about what I did.  I took a week of work and took two tests a day.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 08:38:36 PM »

Mpmav1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 12:24:06 PM »
Hey, thanks to everyone who replied on this.  I'm glad I found this board, it's amazing how helpful eveybody is.  You guys rock!  ;D

$Gucci$, you have my vote for the greatest picture for your name.

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 02:18:22 PM »

sun: day of rest (bible says so)

Said no such thing in the Logic Games Bible nor in the Reasoning Bible.

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 05:36:21 PM »

the bible, as in the big book about Jesus that religious people read. i said nothing in my post about the LGB or LRB. good work though.
Whoosh

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 08:58:24 AM »
I'm taking Testmasters, too, and I think this is a good point. I am really trying to push myself early in the class to learn and fully comprehend ALL of the methods in the first couple weeks, as later in the class and more toward the real test there is less about new methods and more about reinforcing what has already been learned. If you screw around in the first couple weeks, do not do the majority of the homework, and then try to play catch-up, it seems as if you are really doomed to a bad score. You can't really cram for the LSAT.

This seems to be the same thought process some have one here who have done well on the real LSAT--kind of a "I busted my butt in the first month or so, focusing heavily on the method and reasoning behind question types (the stuff most people hate to sit down and methodically study and, more importantly, understand while preparing for the LSAT), slowed down a bit after ingraining those into my brain, and then took practice tests the month leading up to the real test and was able to take my time reviewing my missed questions and reviewing and again reinforcing the methods I had already worked so hard to learn." That way, you kind of learn it twice. That seems to be a good method. I want to build a strong base now, and then later I hope to work on the finer points of the practice tests and less-frequent question types to enhance my overall approach to the real test. I do NOT want to be learning (cramming) the definitions of sufficient and necessary into my head a week before the test. I want to know them cold at least a month before the test, and fill in the gaps from there. Anyone have any feedback on this?

I'm on Lesson 4 in Testmasters here in LA, CA.   I've been doing about 3 hours of homework a day on average, about 6 days a week (I do some Hw Sunday evening even though I have a Sunday morning class).

I'd spend less time, but at least in the beginning I'm attempting all of the homework in each book, even though each logic game is taking me about 30-40 minutes and I'm getting them all wrong :/