Law School Discussion

How many hours a week do you study?

Amy Winehouse

• Rehab is for quitters.
    • View Profile
Re: How many hours a week do you study?
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 11:55:21 PM »
Yo Prison Mike!

I went to Mexico for a week and drank every single day.  I took about 4 tests, untimed, one section at a time over the course of the week.  I graded each section as they were completed so I could compare what the rationale I used when coming to incorrect conclusions with the rationale behind the correct answers.  I used a book published (I think) by LSAC.  It had 10 tests + answers but no explanations or anything.  It was helpful for me because I was able to see patterns behind questions that I wouldn't have been able to see had I just used formulas or diagramming...none of that nonsense for me! 

How'd I do?  Rather well-174.  It worked for me, but I don't think my habits would work for everyone. 

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 12:10:29 AM »
Yo Prison Mike!

I went to Mexico for a week and drank every single day.  I took about 4 tests, untimed, one section at a time over the course of the week.  I graded each section as they were completed so I could compare what the rationale I used when coming to incorrect conclusions with the rationale behind the correct answers.  I used a book published (I think) by LSAC.  It had 10 tests + answers but no explanations or anything.  It was helpful for me because I was able to see patterns behind questions that I wouldn't have been able to see had I just used formulas or diagramming...none of that nonsense for me! 

How'd I do?  Rather well-174.  It worked for me, but I don't think my habits would work for everyone. 

I think the message is whatever approach works for you is the best one.

Of course, the problem is you don't really know what works until after you take the test...

But, with the new reporting rules, you basically get three shots at it, so I wouldn't stress out too much.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 12:20:14 AM »
I want to go to Mexico with Amy.   :(

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 02:50:57 AM »
Who doesn't.

Amy Winehouse

• Rehab is for quitters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 12:12:50 AM »
I want to go to Mexico with Amy.   :(
Who doesn't.

::blushes and nervously sips her pina colada::

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 01:35:06 AM »
::winks at Amy from across the room::

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 04:14:42 AM »
this thread is approved.

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 09:44:02 PM »
Take 5 lsats a week. That ought to be enough.

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 11:45:57 PM »
I started about 2 months before (April 15 for the June 11 tests), took a test every two days, then when it got close, I took a test every day. That was enough to finish all the material I had.

J_

• YOU! Yeah!!!! That guy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 12:25:38 PM »
I'm on Lesson 4 in Testmasters here in LA, CA.   I've been doing about 3 hours of homework a day on average, about 6 days a week (I do some Hw Sunday evening even though I have a Sunday morning class).

I'd spend less time, but at least in the beginning I'm attempting all of the homework in each book, even though each logic game is taking me about 30-40 minutes and I'm getting them all wrong :/