Law School Discussion

Waitlisted for Sept LSAT??

papercranes

• Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlisted for Sept LSAT??
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 12:22:15 AM »
Experience from June. Are you suggesting I should take it again? ;) :o

Don't see why not. If you can get, like, 4 more questions right, you'd be a shoe-in for the T-13 (I don't count Georgetown)

I know but there's always that small chance that I could do worse, and even a 1 point drop would probably look pretty bad.

Bad logic. Maybe you shouldn't retake.

/sarcasm

Bad logic? You mean my score wouldn't go down?
Maybe my score was the best I could ever hope for. Maybe I was averaging 137 and I'm just lucky? Maybe someone else in there had a mechanical pencil and...
Oh, I've said too much.   

EDIT: that didn't make any sense. Oh... I really shouldn't take it again. :-[

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 12:33:21 AM »
so the same thing happened to me, but there are a few test centers in my city.  if i want to go to the one that is currently unavailable, is there a way to waitlist at that location and reserve a spot at the other location?  how do i waitlist?

Beurre

• coming soon,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 07:58:58 AM »
yeah, I was in DC last summer and about late June or early July, I was trying to register for LSAT in 8 nearby test locations, but all of them were full even by then, so I had to register for some place in Maryland where I had to drive half an hour or an hour, but that thought was scary- I would be so nervous on the test day, and couldn't think of driving for such a long time to be in an unknown place,- so I gave up on taking it, hence, why I am studying LSAT now.
so it seems that it is pretty common.

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 10:43:27 AM »
OP here...

I asked the LSAC representative at the DC Forum what customarily happens with waitlists, do they usually open up more sites, does it make sense to get off the waitlist and register in Baltimore, or elsewhere.

She told me not to worry about it and stay on the waitlist, they almost always will assign you to a center near where you register, and that since it is summer, many of the additional testing site universities are not sure about availability yet.

So, although it makes me nervous to not know, I would rather take my chances. Worst case case scenario, if I get assigned to an awful site, I will change centers to someplace warm with a beach and make a vacation out of it.

Funia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 01:48:33 PM »
I attempted to register early June and the test center in my city was filled for Sept. Needless to say I was shocked and registered for a test center 45 minutes away. I checked back a couple of weeks later and a seat opened up and I opted to pay the extra $32 to switch.