Law School Discussion

2 psychics told me not to go to law school

2 psychics told me not to go to law school
« on: July 12, 2007, 12:41:06 PM »
Does anyone believe in this sort of thing? I feel so silly even making this post; its probably just pre-1L jitters.

My mom bought an hour with this woman that talks to the dead and she brought me along with her for support. This woman did not know our names or any prior information. The first thing the woman said when we walked in the door was "Your great-grandmother does not think you should go to law school. You are too pure of heart." It freaked me out, but I brushed it off.

Then, a few weeks ago, my friends and I walked into a psychic reading place, just for fun. I was only with my psychic for a few minutes because I didn't want to say anything about myself or ask questions. AGAIN it happened, she told me that I should reconsider my choice of going to law school and that I should take some time off, consider teaching.

Both of these women said some other interesting things that I already knew, but the law school comments were most disturbing. I thought I wanted to go to law school this fall, but now they've got me second guessing myself.

Last King of Edinburgh

• Born to rule
    • View Profile
Re: 2 psychics told me not to go to law school
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 12:42:01 PM »
Dont go to law school.  ;)

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:50:26 PM »
Did you mention outloud in the waiting room something like "I wonder what they'll say about me and law school." That's usually how they do it. They bug the lobby, and listen in to what people want to know about while they're waiting. Then they bring them in, sit them down, and make stuff up.

Well, we only waited a few minutes, and didn't talk to each other for that reason.

The second time, I didn't even have to wait.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 12:52:52 PM »
Do not make career choices based on the advide of a couple crazy people. They are just there to freak you out and make money.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 01:23:43 PM »
Go.

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 03:14:33 PM »
Is this even a real thread, or am I seeing things?

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »

ask your local tarot card reader

she warned me that you would reply...

PS - why does it seem that all the psychics are batty women?  Don't think I've ever seen a male one, save the dude in Wizard of Oz.

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 03:24:57 PM »

ask your local tarot card reader

she warned me that you would reply...

PS - why does it seem that all the psychics are batty women?  Don't think I've ever seen a male one, save the dude in Wizard of Oz.

would you trust a male psychic?

Good point.

I was sad when they banned Miss Cleo.  That was a perfect accent for telling the future.

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 03:50:57 PM »
Ok maybe I should have not asked for opinions on this one. Sorry. Deleting.

edit: oops...so apparently I'm not allowed to delete it.

IF

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 04:07:35 PM »
 :)  By far one of the most interesting posts