Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestrn pt or midwest t3 ft?  (Read 306 times)

newkirk101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Southwestrn pt or midwest t3 ft?
« on: July 12, 2007, 12:17:16 PM »
I am wondering what everyone thinks of this idea.  I want to attend SW but by no menas PT.  I think schools profit greatly from their PT students and I would like to graduate in three years.  I think I would pass up an offer from SW part-time to study at another T3 full time and then if I still want SW, try to transfer.

I know you are not suppose to go to school thinking you will transfer but I would keep the option open.

Do you think my chances of transferrign to SW would greatly increase if I tried to transfer from a midwest T3, rather than a local provisionally accredited T4?

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
Re: Southwestrn pt or midwest t3 ft?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 08:53:47 AM »
Definitely go with a T3 over a T4 but make sure it is a place you wouldn't be miserable in if transferring didn't work out.  Or you may want to take a year off. 

rutherford

• View Profile
Re: Southwestrn pt or midwest t3 ft?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 09:11:07 AM »
This can be answered very, very easily. Do you want to practice in LA or not. If you want to stay in California you would be foolish to chase another Tier 3 in the midwest. Go to Southwestern PT and work your ass off. Along the way, work on making connections in the market. If you can do without LA, then screw it and head for the midwest.