Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waiting for UGA?  (Read 1007 times)

mattbulldawg

• View Profile
Waiting for UGA?
« on: March 11, 2004, 08:28:22 AM »
I have recently been accepted to FSU and Syracuse (both my fall back schools).  There seat deposit deadline is 4/15 but I still want to wait to hear from Georgia and Illinois.  Has anyone heard from these schools.  Both have had may application since late December.  Any recommendations on which of the two I have been accepted to I should attend if I don't get into my first choice?

3.45/160

Prince Rondavel

• View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Waiting for UGA?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 10:30:58 AM »
I'm waiting on UGA also.  Not wait listed, waiting.  I'm 162/3.6.  Applied mid-Jan.  I'm a UGA undergrad and a former 2.5 year UGA employee. 

I don't have any advice as far as UGA vs. Illinois, because I don't know anything about Illinois.  All I can tell you is that Athens is probably one of the best places to live, but judging from your name you probably all-ready know that.

Good Luck.

-Prince Rondavel

mattbulldawg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 11:24:22 AM »
Yeah, I went to UGA for undergrad as well.  They are my number one choice based on cost and ranking.  What other schools did you apply to?

billybu1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 12:27:36 PM »
I went to UGA undergrad also. Obviously, as you went there yourself, you know that Athens is heaven on earth, and UGA law is a great school.  I applied there, but most likely will not get in (3.0, 157--hoping for Mercer). I Don't really know very much about Illinois, but you really can't go wrong with Georgia if you get in.

Good luck.

Prince Rondavel

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 10:55:03 AM »
I applied to GA State, Brooklyn Law, Cardozo, NY Law, and Catholic.  I've been accepted into all except Cardozo, which along with UGA I'm still waiting for. I'm going after a Communication Law program, I graduated from UGA journalism and worked for one of the university's media departments for several years. 

Catholic, Cardozo, and NY Law all have Comm Law programs.  I like Cardozo's the most, but Catholic and NY Law have both offered a %50 scholorship, NY Law also tacked on an honors program with a guaranteed spot on the review.  Plus Catholic seems kind of conservative, my wife and I don't want to live in D.C., and I have to apply for the comm law program seperately so there's no guarantee I'll get into it. 

Right now I'm kind of leaning towards NY Law, even though they are 3rd tier.  The debt would be significantly smaller than it would be for Cardozo if they accept me with no money.  BUT if I can get into Georgia, the highest ranked school I applied to, then I'll really be struggling with my decision.  It's all kind of nerve-racking.

-P.R.

mattbulldawg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 08:09:11 AM »
I also applied to U of Wisconsin, U of Oregon along with UGA, Illinois, Syracuse, and FSU.  I haven't heard too many people say that they have heard from UGA yet.  I know that the very very qualified have already been accepted but very few people have been rejected at this point.  I'm not on the waitlist either, just waiting for some response.

prettylily

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 06:40:20 PM »
I am also waiting for UGA..When I checked on line it said that my application was being looked at by the Admissions Committee. It also says the process takes several weeks.  ::)

Prince Rondavel

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 02:16:13 PM »
By the way, I've UGA has officially waitlisted me.  Once again, I am 162/3.61.  I was kind of suprised by that, seeing how I've been red & black for the past 8 years. There's something shamefull about a public law school that won't admit it's own employees when they have decent numbers.

-p.r.