Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Please give me your advice  (Read 4083 times)

lakin

• View Profile
Please give me your advice
« on: September 21, 2004, 10:59:40 AM »
I have previously taken the LSAT 2 times.  First I scored a 145 and second I scored a 138.  The second time I became really nervous and I did not do anywhere near what I feel I am capable of doing. 

My question...
I am re-taking a prep course that I took before my first test and I am scheduled to take the October test? What are my chances of taking the test again and doing better.  Also, what are my changes of getting in on my score that I already have?

I am about to back out of this whole thing so please send my your advice!!

Once & Again

• View Profile
Re: Please give me your advice
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 11:43:50 AM »
take a deep breath!

first, which prep course?

second, have you ever seen the LGB and LRB books?

third, have you done all of the real preptests out there?

give us more info so we can give you the proper advice.
Never get called out on strikes. Go down swinging!

lakin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 11:49:53 AM »
I took a prep course called PrepMasters.  It was a weekend course near where I live.  They are offered across the US. 

No have not seen or heard of either of those books.

I have taken several preptests. I have scored around 156 on these tests.  The second time I took the test I just did really bad. 

I have a bachelor's degree in accounting and a 3.4 GPA. 

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 12:13:54 PM »
you should find yourself a testmasters or (my preference) a Powerscore course.  If you can't do this, pick up the logic games bible and the logic reasoning bible, published by Powerscore.  You can find it on their website, powerscore.com.  You can also find out if there's a test prep company around you.

And you should try some meditation or something, since there's obviously some stress/pressure issues here, and if you can't beat that, then studying for hours on end won't end up helping any.  Although taking prep tests should help alleviate some of that stress.

Once & Again

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 12:17:19 PM »
ok, here my advice.

go to powerscore.com and buy the Logical Games Bible and the Logical Reasoning Bible today.

review those books, they are going help you.

if you can connect with those books, consider their full or weekend course and...

consider postponing to december.

lakin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 04:59:15 PM »
What do you feel my chances are for applying again without re-taking the LSAT?

Or not re-taking it until February?

In the past I have not sent my application in until February.  I was under the impression that this was not too late but now I understand differently!

After reading some other threads I see that the time of applying has a lot to do with being accepted.  Is this true?

Once & Again

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 05:12:42 PM »
there is a site where you can plug in your gpa and lsat score and it will tell you the pct chance of getting into a particular school.  check it out and decide.

you can definitely do the december test if you get into the correct prep course now.

lakin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 05:21:48 PM »
Do you know the site address?

Once & Again

• View Profile

dgatl

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 06:23:51 PM »
your chances of getting into a good law school is severely limited by your LSAT score.  you will have to score extra high because the vast majority of schools will average your scores.  i don't know you, but if you feel confident that you can bring up your score, then study your ass off and take the february or june test and sit out for a year (please people, start flaming at me now for suggesting that he sits out)

-desi