Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Creighton v. Drake?  (Read 1244 times)

newkirk101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Creighton v. Drake?
« on: July 11, 2007, 02:39:30 AM »
I was just pulled from the Creighton waitlist and am trying to get off the Drake list.  What does everyone think is the better school?
Which school has a better reputation?

legaldad

• View Profile
Re: Creighton v. Drake?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 10:55:08 AM »
Congratulations on being admitted to Creighton! 

newkirk101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 12:38:24 PM »
thank you.  Can anyone help me decide between Drake and Creighton??

newkirk101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 07:34:13 PM »
anyone?

Vox Dei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 08:18:46 AM »
     I applied to both Creighton and Drake, and was accepted at both.  I visited Drake a number of times because I live a short distance from it and had the following impressions.  The school is smaller than some of the other schools I applied to and has some good opportunities.  Their legal aid clinic is very impressive, for example, and the student who gave me a tour said everyone she knows who wanted a spot at the clinic received one.  Additionally, Drake's constitutional law emphasis was also attractive.  Add in some substantial scholarship money and the fact Drake is in Des Moines (which I like) and I seriously thought about going to Drake.
     I did not visit Creighton, although I received an invitation to their scholar's weekend--which appears to me to one of those weekends when they try to recruit potential students who fall in their upper end statistically.  Their invitation was not met with a substantial scholarship offer however.  Note that Creighton has a graduate who will be serving as a SCOTUS clerk for the '08 term with Justice Thomas.  I don't think that will be duplicated any time in the future, but makes me think Creighton might have a larger vision than Drake--which strikes me as very regional.
     You are probably aware that in almost every way the two schools are twins: LSAT scores, GPA, employment rates, tuition, etc.  If I were you I would base my decision on where I wanted to work after school.         

newkirk101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 11:28:28 AM »
Thanks a lot for the insight.  I was pulled of the Creighton waitlist last week.  I do not think I am going to get off the Drake waitlist.  Although both schools are very regional, I am getting the impression from people I talk to that Creighton has a larger reputation. 

So I am not sure.  Anyone know anymore on Creighton?  I am afraid to go their without a visit but I do not have many options...

Zenith Electronics Corp.

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BLFGmiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 02:27:24 AM »
this thread is not approved

newkirk101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 03:24:32 PM »
actually, you are not approved, CHILD.

borachosan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 02:06:52 AM »
I would go with Creighton over Drake. Omaha has a lot more going on than Des Moines, and Creighton's rep is definitely bigger. They are both more or less in the hood, Drake more so, but very nice campuses.

jlwillia6

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 05:20:48 PM »
I was accepted to both Drake and Creighton. I will be attending Creighton this fall. I think the LS at Drake is a little outdated. Omaha seems to be a great town. Drake offered me more schlorship though, but ultimetly Creighton won me over...