Law School Discussion

Tulane... Best School Ever?

Re: Tulane... Best School Ever?
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 07:30:54 PM »
Tulane's median LSAT and GPA went up this year.  Spending per student is up dramatically.  Their USNEWS raw score will be up next year so it seems likely that they will move up a few spots.

Yeah, and I believe Tulane has plans to shrink its class size, which can only help its ranking.

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 08:27:47 PM »

Ok, It's now Tulane, you have to take the two T's off the word "the" though. The is clearly a T14 word. Very prestigious. :)

Incorrect.

Evidence: TTThe Ohio State University.

HTH

BearlyLegal

• And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 08:17:21 AM »

Ok, It's now Tulane, you have to take the two T's off the word "the" though. The is clearly a T14 word. Very prestigious. :)

Incorrect.

Evidence: TTThe Ohio State University.

HTH

The Harvard University School of Law. Prefteegis.

Judgie Poo

• Nulli Secundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 01:49:36 PM »
Something smells fishy to me (Besides the streets of New Orleans). I work in an NYC V15 firm, and Tulane seems to be a very respected program at my firm. Today, I talked to an attorney who suggested I go to Tulane over Fordham, for example. They are rated No. 2 nationally in graduate earnings potential by USNWR. They are an expensive school, but very generous with scholarships for people with decent numbers. They are one of the few schools in that range that places nationally.

I will make the logical assumption that one of the reasons for their low USNWR rating is a result of their low LSAT and GPA cutoffs. But is that it? Why does Iowa, for example, rank higher than Tulane?

Just wow.

Enjoy poverty.  TTTulane isn't respected.  Trust me.

BearlyLegal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 01:56:06 PM »
Something smells fishy to me (Besides the streets of New Orleans). I work in an NYC V15 firm, and Tulane seems to be a very respected program at my firm. Today, I talked to an attorney who suggested I go to Tulane over Fordham, for example. They are rated No. 2 nationally in graduate earnings potential by USNWR. They are an expensive school, but very generous with scholarships for people with decent numbers. They are one of the few schools in that range that places nationally.

I will make the logical assumption that one of the reasons for their low USNWR rating is a result of their low LSAT and GPA cutoffs. But is that it? Why does Iowa, for example, rank higher than Tulane?

Just wow.

Enjoy poverty.  TTTulane isn't respected.  Trust me.

Relax, man. Tulane is a safety for me. I am just doing some research.

In related news, your mom is not respected.  :-*

Edit: I prefer to take the advice on what is respectable from established attorneys at a selective NYC firm rather than random internet trolls with the word "poo" in their moniker.

Judgie Poo

• Nulli Secundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 02:04:42 PM »
I see.  Well best of luck to you then.  Come back in 5 years and let everyone know how WELL you're doing.

Lulz

BearlyLegal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 02:09:18 PM »
I see.  Well best of luck to you then.  Come back in 5 years and let everyone know how WELL you're doing.

Lulz

I'm not really in the habit of deriving my sense of self worth from internet discussion forums, Mr. Poo.

Lulz.

Come back in 5 years and let everyone know how your odious demeanor serves you in the professional marketplace, K?

Judgie Poo

• Nulli Secundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 02:12:10 PM »
I'm going to HYS.

Employers that wouldn't touch your law review's EIC would suck off a bull rhino to get one of our bottom 10 AA admits.

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 02:16:10 PM »
I'm going to HYS.

Employers that wouldn't touch your law review's EIC would suck off a bull rhino to get one of our bottom 10 AA admits.

Our law review's EIC is a summer associate at Cravath. 

HTMFH

Judgie Poo

• Nulli Secundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 02:17:08 PM »
RCpwned?