« on: July 10, 2007, 05:42:09 PM »
straight up dude

Re: I hate cooley
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 05:43:28 PM »
 :D

SJ101

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 06:38:15 PM »
Hatred signifies nothing more than a hostility towards the world in general, which in turn leads to evil actions, for the prioritization of self over the wellbeing of others is only possible insofar as we fail to recognize ourselves in others. Only through first understanding that hatred causes problems (and is, therefore, actually the problem) can we then proceed to change minds, overcome our own prejudices, and truly create a more harmonious world.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 06:48:14 PM »
Hatred signifies nothing more than a hostility towards the world in general, which in turn leads to evil actions, for the prioritization of self over the wellbeing of others is only possible insofar as we fail to recognize ourselves in others. Only through first understanding that hatred causes problems (and is, therefore, actually the problem) can we then proceed to change minds, overcome our own prejudices, and truly create a more harmonious world.

that is so touching... r u stoned?

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 08:22:50 PM »
LOL.

Oh God I hate Cooley too.

I really want a Cooley tshirt though.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 09:01:52 PM »
i think the funniest thing on the new cooley law rankings is not that they put themselves at 16 or whatever, but the fact that they put stanford at 22. like anyone would ever believe that cooley is a better law school than stanford.

WTF  ???  Somebody is cooking the books with this.

Thomas M. Cooley Law School     California - Berkeley,    Georgetown University    Stanford University     

Average Ranking  Average    2.4       Average    2.72                           Average    1.78                     Average    2.97    
Overall Ranking    Overall    2         Overall    3         Overall              1               Overall        4    

Try it out:
http://www.cooley.edu/rankings/search/index.php

I am scratching my head with the data their tool spits out when I stop laughing and get back to breathing in and out to get oxygen.

They're a page on the Cooley rankings site that lists the factors that are included in the formula (although I couldn't find the exact equation). Anyway, it includes useful indicators like total library square footage, and number of part-time librarians employed etc.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 09:07:03 PM »
I really wish Cooley had never tried to make their own rating system.  I know so many good people who go to Cooley, and they don't deserve to be associated with such foolishness.  

It is definitely true that there some bad things about Cooley, but it's sad that the good students there need to suffer scorn because of the stupid things the school has done.  

I am NOT trying to tell people that they should not joke about Cooley--I completely realize that it is the school's own fault that they are ridiculed.  My wife is considering going there because she wants to go part-time and Cooley would be most convenient for her, but she feels like she needs to apply to all the area schools so she can tell people, "I got into X, but I CHOSE to go to Cooley because of the convenience."  (So when you see me laughing at Cooley jokes, don't tell on me!)

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 05:20:41 AM »
julie think you people go cooley and members of one-joke club there.

such hoot!

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 06:51:28 AM »
i noticed a few other things too:

1) they use number of faculty as a factor, and they also use student-faculty ratio as a separate factor. what a bunch of crap, the only reason they used total # of faculty is because they have a ton of students and so they have to have a ton of faculty. i would be willing to bet a lot of money that the dudes who made the stupid ranking system knew that and purposely did that. oh and their student to faculty ratio is horrible, its like 24 to 1. idiots.

2) i was curious about their attrition rate so i went to the aba official guide and do you know what their FIRST year attrition rate is? TWENTY FIVE PERCENT!! close to 500 students drop out during the first year of law school. call me crazy, but that's bad. and that doesn't even include the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year attrition. granted, they aren't as bad, but still. the other thing is that half of those first year attrition people left for academic reasons!! so either the people that go there are morons and can't maintain good grades or the administration is so dumb that they use this crazy curving system and purposely fail out 1/8th of the class. i am seriously dumbfounded.

3) what makes it worse, is that they claim to be a top 16 school...or top 4 or whatever, i can't even keep it straight anymore.

edit: 4) their bar passage rate is like 50% too, if only half of your students pass the bar, you are not a top 20 school...

Isn't twenty-five percent 1/4?

Julee Fern

• be cheerleader for al qaeda and osama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 06:51:48 AM »
julie think you people go cooley and members of one-joke club there.

such hoot!

*lol* :D