Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 153 3.13, what do you think?  (Read 3857 times)

Prizark

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 153 3.13, what do you think?
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 08:39:47 PM »
I am simply stating that it is hard for people to tell BriGuy1818 what to do. And therefore his instincts can guide him better. Instincts are important!

Even after you do a bunch of research, but your gut tells you otherwise, then maybe its more important to follow your gut instinct.

pastor of muppets

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 09:00:41 PM »
Another thing the OP might want to consider is moving to a state with a public law school he thinks he can get into, living there for a year to establish residency, and re-taking the LSAT in the meantime.  That would be the smartest way to go about this, IMO.

With a 153, 3.13, you could have a pretty good shot at getting in at these public schools:

University of Idaho
University of Wyoming
University of South Dakota
Northern Illinois University
University of Akron
University of Arkansas

With an outside shot at:

University of Maine
University of New Mexico

My advice is to do your research, find a state with a public university you are fairly sure you can get into, in a region that you could stomach living in, and go for it.  If you re-take the LSAT and score in the high 150s or better, you could end up having more viable options at your disposal, but at least you would still have the (cheap) public school to fall back on.

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 08:44:13 PM »
Almost half of lawyers come from T3 or T4 schools. 

Wouldn't pretty much exactly half come from T3 and T4 schools? 

Or do attrition/bar exam problems factor in.

The top two tiers have roughly a hundred schools, there are fewer than a hundred schools in T3 + T4.  Of course, I don't know how many students attend each of the law schools in the country (though I imagine that the most prestigious schools admit smaller classes), so I cannot say with precision that half of all lawyers come from T3 or T4 schools.

BriGuy1818

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 11:12:19 AM »
Just would like to let everyone who posted in this board know that I got into Seton Hall Law School and I am going to be attending there.  I wish I got into Rutgers for financial reasons, but I am very happy with No. 66 in the country!  For months I was down and out about my numbers, but dedication to the law really paid off.  I have had about 4 law related internships in the courts around  New Jersey.  I really appreciate everyones honest opinions on this board.

Gitmo Jones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 11:47:17 AM »
Just would like to let everyone who posted in this board know that I got into Seton Hall Law School and I am going to be attending there.  I wish I got into Rutgers for financial reasons, but I am very happy with No. 66 in the country!  For months I was down and out about my numbers, but dedication to the law really paid off.  I have had about 4 law related internships in the courts around  New Jersey.  I really appreciate everyones honest opinions on this board.

Flame, dont feed the troll.

Unless you are an URM.

Gitmo Jones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 11:49:48 AM »
Never mind I just checked Seton Halls #'s, there 25% are pretty low at 3.08 and 154 so I guess that is possible just highly unlikely.

baileypicks24

• Sr. Citizen
  • You have food, a roof, and security. Shut up.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 10:43:49 AM »
Dont go to law school. Youll thank me

please don't feed the TTTs

don't apply; let serious applicants have a tad bit more breathing room in this crowded closet

What worthless, pathetic, parasitic human beings you two are. Shame on you both.

DontQuestionMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2008, 01:14:27 AM »
Dont go to law school. Youll thank me

I get really tired of reading posts like these. Just because you have an average score doesn't mean you will not enjoy a legal career. And you do not have to get at least a 160 to be personally successful in law school and beyond. Sure, someone going to a T3 school may not make six figures upon graduation, but maybe that is not the reason he/she chose to go to law school. This board is turning me off more and more... perhaps that is why there are so few people on here like me who are going somewhere besides a tier one.

Out of my 6 legal internships during undergrad, my most memorable and the one I learned the most from was with an attorney who graduated from Cooley. He enjoyed every minute of coming into work and at the end of the day, he was definitely NOT starving.

A 153 will not limit your abilities nor will it mean you will be unhappy in your career choice. It does not mean you should not go to law school. There is so much more one can do with a law degree besides bragging about what ranking their law school placed and about how much money they make.

I have heard from many hiring partners and corporate general counsels, that if you do not get into a high T2 or better, you are wasting your money. Not my opinion, theirs.

DontQuestionMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2008, 01:22:41 AM »
BTW OP, have you considered Cooley?

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2008, 01:28:23 AM »
BTW OP, have you considered Cooley?

Not saying a tier 3 is a good investment, but you're just being rude for the sake of being rude- douchebaggery @ its finest.
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament