Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MORGAN STANLEY  (Read 14497 times)

v.aiyer

• View Profile
    • Email
MORGAN STANLEY
« on: September 21, 2004, 07:51:37 AM »
Dear Community--
Aside from school and a couple of committed activities, I'm contemplating taking up an internship (during this Fall semester) at Morgan Stanley (Asset Management & Finance firm), but it seems like it may often be time consuming. And when I could spend time studying and working towards my LSATs, I may be at work instead.

Is it worth taking up this job (for name & resume sake) when its hours could detract from scores & numbers? Granted that's not what all top schools are looking for exclusively, but if there are other committed activities I havem,  would it be wise to take up the job or work towards maintaining high numbers????

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
Cheers--
Vik

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
Re: MORGAN STANLEY
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 11:20:19 AM »
Depending on several other factors.  Do you expect to work after graduating or go directly to law school?  If work for a year or two, go with internship, if going into law school, study for lsat.

Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

v.aiyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 08:48:20 PM »
Any others out there with thoughts. Please - the decision is urgent

dgatl

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 08:53:55 PM »
i'm assuming that aiyer is a desi name, so don't worry, take the internship.  you will be able to do it.  the internship might potentially enhance your resume and also get you $$$ to pay your bills with

thinknpositive

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 09:01:25 PM »
Morgan Stanley?

neva heard of it

v.aiyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 10:26:11 PM »
as in Morgan Stanley Dean Witter? I suppose it's a familiar name if you're familiar with iBanking/accounting/consulting firms.

thinknpositive

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 10:27:50 PM »
joke

dunson

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 09:58:18 AM »
It's an internship, right, I bet they will acknowledge that you're in school and won't work you like a full time employee anyway.  Take the internship...perhaps you'll fall in love with the work, or more likely, you will have some great experience to put down on your resume.  Also, you can meet some great business contacts from when you get out of law school...gotta think of making rain some day.