Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Merit Scholarships  (Read 1040 times)

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: Merit Scholarships
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 12:06:20 PM »
To echo sladkaya, check out my lsn.  We're both intl and pretty much all of the money I received was merit based.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 01:41:37 PM »
sladkaya, are you an international student?

Yes, I'm an international student.  Hi Moni!  You can also do a search on lawschool numbers for each specific school, only selecting international students and see their scholarship awards.  Here's some info for Northwestern (selected because they'll always have a special place in my heart, as well as because they are pretty generous with their aid and provide their admittees with a lot of information re: loans for international students):

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/search_schools.php?action=search&school_code=1565&lsat1=&lsat2=&fee_waiver=0&status=0&gpa_lsdas1=&gpa_lsdas2=&attending=0&cycle=4&gpa_degree1=&gpa_degree2=&withdrawn=0&program=1&index1=&index2=&state=0&application_type=0&scholarship1=&scholarship2=&sex=0&multiple_lsat=0&urm=0&international=2&x=35&y=3

Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 01:45:52 PM »
sladkaya, are you an international student?

Yes, I'm an international student.  Hi Moni!  You can also do a search on lawschool numbers for each specific school, only selecting international students and see their scholarship awards.  Here's some info for Northwestern (selected because they'll always have a special place in my heart, as well as because they are pretty generous with their aid):

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/search_schools.php?action=search&school_code=1565&lsat1=&lsat2=&fee_waiver=0&status=0&gpa_lsdas1=&gpa_lsdas2=&attending=0&cycle=4&gpa_degree1=&gpa_degree2=&withdrawn=0&program=1&index1=&index2=&state=0&application_type=0&scholarship1=&scholarship2=&sex=0&multiple_lsat=0&urm=0&international=2&x=35&y=3

Hi Sladklaya!

The best advice that I have for a fellow intl is to apply to as many schools as you can afford (within reason, +/-10 is good).  Why?
1. Money.  There is definitely an aread where ymmv.  Sladkaya got a generous scholarship from NW.  I got nothing.  To a certain extent, it's a bit of a crapshoot.
2. Preferences. Your preferences and interests may change as your cycle progresses.  I had very little interest in Michigan when I first applied, and now I will be going to law school there!

Good luck!
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn