Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: laptop help  (Read 819 times)

melisssasue

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alemanmelissa
    • View Profile
laptop help
« on: July 09, 2007, 04:42:55 PM »
Are there any laptops with fullsize keyboards?  Maybe not full size but where the keys are placed the same space apart as on a regular keyboard.  The laptop I have now the keys are all squished together and it drives me nuts.  Any suggestions? TIA

yongsoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bah weep Grah nah weep ninny bon
    • View Profile
Re: laptop help
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 05:47:21 PM »
the larger the screen, the more likely the keys are as you specified. Yet, for some reason, the 17" mac book pro keyboard looks small to me. Perhaps that is simply an optical illusion created by the huge amount of unused space on the panel...

i heart wind power

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 05:52:26 PM »
Are there any laptops with fullsize keyboards?  Maybe not full size but where the keys are placed the same space apart as on a regular keyboard.  The laptop I have now the keys are all squished together and it drives me nuts.  Any suggestions? TIA

No.

However, you can always purchase a wireless keyboard to go with your laptop. They are full size, and I believe they run from about $70 to $110.
Ridin' the Green Wave to 2010...

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 12:40:13 PM »
I think my toshebia has a full size keyboard, feels like it anyway. The key stroke is shorter/lighter, but the spacing seems the same to me. I think most Lenovo's also have full size keyboards. Just read the description and a good review for a few laptops, they generally say what size keyboard they use (full size or not anyway).
HLS 2010

Zenith Electronics Corp.

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BLFGmiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 03:37:28 PM »

this thread is approved. sounds like your looking for a thinkpad. go for it.

Mpmav1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 04:19:58 PM »

Agreed.  Read any reviews on the Thinkpads and all reviews will talk about how great their keyboards are.  I am getting an x61s... but the T series is very popular as well.

OingoBoingo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Simply the best band from the 80's
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 08:07:07 PM »

Agreed.  Read any reviews on the Thinkpads and all reviews will talk about how great their keyboards are.  I am getting an x61s... but the T series is very popular as well.

I miss my X41's keyboard - even though it is CONSIDERABLY smaller than my Macbook Pro's. The small size is something you just get used to. I still have typing issues with my mac's keyboard that I never had using my X41. Even though the Macbook Pro has an excellent keyboard, the "key depth" of the X41 and Lenovo's in general is "just right" and nothing short of fantastic.

Oingo
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 08:22:47 PM »

yup, the x61s keyboard is fantastic...typing on it right now :)
Columbia 3L