Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: This is why affirmative should remain in tact  (Read 26171 times)

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
Re: This is why affirmative should remain in tact
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2007, 02:50:06 PM »
This is why affirmative action should remain in tact (sic)!

Selfpwnage. I guess AA is good for getting illiterates like the OP into college.

And I guess male and white supremecy are good for getting illiterates like you into college.

I have a shirt with your Avatar on it.  It always gets a laugh.

I laughed for a day straight when I saw it.  :D

I don't think your comeback really makes sense, but yeah, your avatar is pretty funny.  ;)

It makes perfect sense because it parallels with the previous posts. White and Male supremecy are to affirmative action as white is to other minority.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2007, 02:52:21 PM »
It makes perfect sense because it parallels with the previous posts. White and Male supremecy are to affirmative action as white is to other minority.

actually, i would say that it's more the legacy system. 

a legacy system based on what? Male and white supremecy.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2007, 03:00:47 PM »

actually, i would say that it's more the legacy system. 

a legacy system based on what? Male and white supremecy.

legacy system also benefits female children of alumni.  ;)

i'm just splitting hairs really.

Yeah, you are. And only until a recent time ago did legacy systems guarantee benefit for women. That might explain why women are underrespresented in math and science diciplines.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2007, 03:04:33 PM »

Selfpwnage. I guess AA is good for getting illiterates like the OP into college.

And I guess male and white supremecy are good for getting illiterates like you into college.

I don't think your comeback really makes sense, but yeah, your avatar is pretty funny.  ;)

Well, I was just talking about the illiterate part.  Unless I missed something and Htown has shown himself to be illiterate.  For example, by misspelling intact or supremacy.  ;)

ah you got me. I'm illiterate because I misspelled supremacy and also, discipline.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2007, 03:05:47 PM »
Yeah, you are. And only until a recent time ago did legacy systems guarantee benefit for women. That might explain why women are underrespresented in math and science diciplines.

meh.  i think it's more likely that women are discouraged from doing math and science due to stereotypes about ability.

in any case, if you want to give an example of how white supremacy is perpetuated, legacy is probably the most obvious one.

probably the more influental underlining cause.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2007, 03:16:55 PM »

Well, I was just talking about the illiterate part.  Unless I missed something and Htown has shown himself to be illiterate.  For example, by misspelling intact or supremacy.  ;)

ah you got me. I'm illiterate because I misspelled supremacy and also, discipline.

Haha, nah I wasn't saying you're illiterate...I was just wondering why you called Htown illiterate.  :P

To show absurdity in believing that affirmative action gets illiterates into college. If anything it helps bad spellers.

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2007, 03:37:16 PM »

HtownsFinest

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2007, 10:23:43 PM »

Link?

Honestly, you'll get in everywhere you apply.

And who's to say I'm a male.. or white for that matter?

HtownsFinest

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2007, 10:33:37 PM »

Link?

Honestly, you'll get in everywhere you apply.

And who's to say I'm a male.. or white for that matter?

i am.  you're a male and white.

You're one for two.

HtownsFinest

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2007, 12:36:57 AM »

i am.  you're a male and white.

You're one for two.

i don't care.  i say i'm two for two and since this is the internet, there's no way to prove otherwise.

whatever.  damned message boards.

Well given that I am the only one with access to the truth of the matter, my judgment trumps yours. 1 for 2.