Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: This is why affirmative should remain in tact  (Read 26031 times)

blondngreen

• View Profile
Re: This is why affirmative should remain in tact
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 07:10:41 PM »
You're right, I do have special needs...A tanning bed.  Please be serious, and address my question.

Slim

• Sr. Citizen
  • ummm hmmm.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 07:18:24 PM »
I am serious.  You're retarded or something.   Probably a savant since you did well on the lsat.   I doubt you have the ability to interact effectively in a human social environment.  I say you should try it it, and if they don't accept you try to tie in a  limited intellect thing. It suits you. 8)
Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day. - Thomas Jefferson.

blondngreen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 07:20:21 PM »
So basically you're telling me that when I get into UVA, having checked the URM box, my tan will make me a social outcast?  Do you and I need a spa day?

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2007, 12:04:19 AM »
This is a serious question, so no scoffers, please.  Although not a minority, I get an awesome tan.  It has been pointed out to me that I could pass as Mexican pretty easily.  I got a 168 on June's LSAT, but was thinking about retaking.  Why though?  AA is all about skin color, it isn't about the education you received, nor is it about where you grew up.  As a person with great tanning ability shouldn't I be able to take unfair advantage too? 
Yes, but I don't think there is a Law School for individuals with special needs.    ::)

:D :D :D classic.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

HtownsFinest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2007, 04:49:17 AM »
This is why affirmative action should remain in tact (sic)!

Selfpwnage. I guess AA is good for getting illiterates like the OP into college.

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2007, 10:28:48 AM »

Selfpwnage. I guess AA is good for getting illiterates like the OP into college.

if you wanna beat me up over a malapropism feel free to. My sole purpose is to make you feel better about yourself.

Def Leppard

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2007, 10:53:17 AM »
Here is that article. I have no idea why it didn't post earlier:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/04/the_downside_of_diversity/?p1=email_to_a_friend

Again, not trying to flame anyone here. I just thought this would add to the healthy debate.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2007, 01:48:38 PM »

And I guess male and white supremecy are good for getting illiterates like you into college.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
  • See! Leonard Bernstein gave me a shoutout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2007, 02:05:16 PM »

And I guess male and white supremecy are good for getting illiterates like you into college.

I have a shirt with your Avatar on it.  It always gets a laugh.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2007, 02:12:33 PM »

I have a shirt with your Avatar on it.  It always gets a laugh.

I laughed for a day straight when I saw it.  :D